• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is the WACA on it's last legs?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Nah, the jock is talking ****. This is the best news I've had since at least an hour ago

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
I don't see how they can keep the pitches given that both grounds are basically AFL stadia now.

The WACA's the last proper cricket ground in Australia. Will be sad to see it go. From an English fan's point of view it's a good thing as we'll avoid our traditional thumping every 4 years but an Ashes series without Australia arseholeling England at the WACA just feels wrong.
I can see the Gabba giving in, but the SCG trust would never allow it.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
With amount of money CA has shouldn't they be doing R&D into drop ins that don't suck to play on and watch?

dermo

International Vice-Captain
tbf drop in pitches have improved a lot recently, they seem to be a lot better at retaining the characteristics.

doubt they'll get close to replicating the waca though