• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Paul Rofe

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Just looking at his record this season and despite not taking any wickets against South Australia, he's still got over 30 wickets at 26. Didn't he have a bad season last season? I can remember a few years ago he was doing rather well. Any thoughts on him?

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
I wonder why he didn't take any wickets against South Australia?:rolleyes: :saint:

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Mr. Ponting said:
I wonder why he didn't take any wickets against South Australia?:rolleyes: :saint:
Well before that innings he had taken about 30 wickets at 23 and had taken a career best 7-52...

hourn

U19 Cricketer
I really love watching the numbers this guy brings up, and whenever i get the chance to watch him bowl (when he plays at the SCG, highlights on news, or one day comp on tv) i take the opportunity.

He will play for Australia, and i reckon he is the one guy who is capable of taking his good FC performances over the last 2-3 years into test cricket.

he had a poor start to last season but then ended up pretty well off. Had a great season the year before, and is having a great season this one.

He's averaging 26 which in this is fantastic because the amount of runs being scored in the SS is just ludicrous.

definate chance for the upcoming Sri Lankan tour given that McGrath is out injured......

The Argonaut

State Vice-Captain
I think that the selectors are looking for him to take over once McGrath retires. They are a similar type of bowler. He's not too quick but has height and is very accurate. I agree anyone who takes 30 wickets this season is doing well. I think that they should blood him soon even if it's a 12th man role in Sri Lanka or India. get him used to the team set up.

Rik, I think the reason that comments were made re South Australia is that he plays for South Australia. he couldn't have played against them.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
yeah he looks a very good bowler every time i have seen him, by far more suited to the longer version of the game - as has been said hes a perfect sub for McGrath- though hes not quite as accurate with the ball, yet, and he doesn't bat as well....

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
The Argonaut said:
Rik, I think the reason that comments were made re South Australia is that he plays for South Australia. he couldn't have played against them.
Ahhhh, ta for that! I can't remember who he played for, so...actually who did he take them against? :duh:

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
age_master said:
and he doesn't bat as well....
As far as I can remember, Glenn's not exactly a master batsman is he? I know he's improved but only at blocking.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Rik said:
Anyone with sensible answers?
I was trying to be sensible.:( Trying to point-out that he's a very talented player with ridiculous season-to-season inconsistencies.
I mean, Wood goes from averaging 50 in a season to averaging in the teens. If he could just string two seasons together he'd be in the England picture for sure.

hourn

U19 Cricketer
Richard said:
I was trying to be sensible.:( Trying to point-out that he's a very talented player with ridiculous season-to-season inconsistencies.
I mean, Wood goes from averaging 50 in a season to averaging in the teens. If he could just string two seasons together he'd be in the England picture for sure.
From Rofe's last three seasons, the only time he has had a down patch would be the first 2 months of last season. I'm almost certain he ended up averaging around 28-29 last season.......could be wrong though and don't have the time just now to check it up.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Richard said:
I was talking about Neil's comments!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Oh, right, thought you were referring to us all before hourn.
Still, Neil had a point - I didn't make myself very clear. Nothing new there.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Richard said:
Oh, right, thought you were referring to us all before hourn.
Still, Neil had a point - I didn't make myself very clear. Nothing new there.
No problem :)

Craig

World Traveller
I have a feeling Kaspawicz will go to SRL in the Test team. And the same for India. Mind you Kaspawicz has earnt it.

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
Rik said:
Well before that innings he had taken about 30 wickets at 23 and had taken a career best 7-52...
What are you on about?:yawn:

He plays for South Australia. Read The Argonaut's post.