Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Paul Rofe

Rik

Paul Rofe

Just looking at his record this season and despite not taking any wickets against South Australia, he's still got over 30 wickets at 26. Didn't he have a bad season last season? I can remember a few years ago he was doing rather well. Any thoughts on him?
    "Age is just a stupid number"

20...that's a rather big number :(:(:(

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    If he was English and a batsman, his name would be Matthew Wood!
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

International Vice-Captain
    I wonder why he didn't take any wickets against South Australia?:rolleyes: :saint:

Cricket Web Staff Member / Global Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    Originally posted by Richard
    If he was English and a batsman, his name would be Matthew Wood!
    Remodelled technique with back-and-across trigger movement resulting in loads of LBWs?
    MSN Messenger: minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com | AAAS Chairman
    CricketWeb Black | CricketWeb XI Captain
    ClarkeWatch: We're Watching Rikki - Are You?

Up The Grecians - Exeter City FC

Completing the Square: My Cricket Web Blog

Rik
    Anyone with sensible answers?

Rik
    Originally posted by Mr. Ponting
    I wonder why he didn't take any wickets against South Australia?:rolleyes: :saint:
    Well before that innings he had taken about 30 wickets at 23 and had taken a career best 7-52...

U19 Cricketer
    I really love watching the numbers this guy brings up, and whenever i get the chance to watch him bowl (when he plays at the SCG, highlights on news, or one day comp on tv) i take the opportunity.

He will play for Australia, and i reckon he is the one guy who is capable of taking his good FC performances over the last 2-3 years into test cricket.

he had a poor start to last season but then ended up pretty well off. Had a great season the year before, and is having a great season this one.

He's averaging 26 which in this is fantastic because the amount of runs being scored in the SS is just ludicrous.

definate chance for the upcoming Sri Lankan tour given that McGrath is out injured......

Rik
    THANK YOU!

State Vice-Captain The Argonaut's Avatar
    I think that the selectors are looking for him to take over once McGrath retires. They are a similar type of bowler. He's not too quick but has height and is very accurate. I agree anyone who takes 30 wickets this season is doing well. I think that they should blood him soon even if it's a 12th man role in Sri Lanka or India. get him used to the team set up.

Rik, I think the reason that comments were made re South Australia is that he plays for South Australia. he couldn't have played against them.

Plasmanaut on Fire Champion!
    yeah he looks a very good bowler every time i have seen him, by far more suited to the longer version of the game - as has been said hes a perfect sub for McGrath- though hes not quite as accurate with the ball, yet, and he doesn't bat as well....
    Member of CW Green
    Kerry O'Keefe - Worlds funniest Commentator

Rik
    Originally posted by The Argonaut
    Rik, I think the reason that comments were made re South Australia is that he plays for South Australia. he couldn't have played against them.
    Ahhhh, ta for that! I can't remember who he played for, so...actually who did he take them against? :duh:

Rik
    Originally posted by age_master
    and he doesn't bat as well....
    As far as I can remember, Glenn's not exactly a master batsman is he? I know he's improved but only at blocking.

Plasmanaut on Fire Champion!
    Originally posted by Rik
    As far as I can remember, Glenn's not exactly a master batsman is he? I know he's improved but only at blocking.

yep, thats correct

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Originally posted by Rik
    Anyone with sensible answers?
    I was trying to be sensible. Trying to point-out that he's a very talented player with ridiculous season-to-season inconsistencies.
    I mean, Wood goes from averaging 50 in a season to averaging in the teens. If he could just string two seasons together he'd be in the England picture for sure.

U19 Cricketer
    Originally posted by Richard
    I was trying to be sensible. Trying to point-out that he's a very talented player with ridiculous season-to-season inconsistencies.
    I mean, Wood goes from averaging 50 in a season to averaging in the teens. If he could just string two seasons together he'd be in the England picture for sure.
    From Rofe's last three seasons, the only time he has had a down patch would be the first 2 months of last season. I'm almost certain he ended up averaging around 28-29 last season.......could be wrong though and don't have the time just now to check it up.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information