• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Paul Rofe

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Mr. Ponting said:
What are you on about?:yawn:

He plays for South Australia. Read The Argonaut's post.
So what has that got to do with his 30 wickets at 23? I just commented on Argonaut's post saying sorry I got the team wrong...

Rik said:
Ahhhh, ta for that! I can't remember who he played for, so...actually who did he take them against? :duh:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Craig said:
I have a feeling Kaspawicz will go to SRL in the Test team. And the same for India. Mind you Kaspawicz has earnt it.
If Lee gets hammered all over Sri Lanka (as I hope will happen, naturally :D) and Williams gets shown-up as palpably substandard (as is likely, assuming he goes) then Bichel and Kasprowicz may yet have Test-cricket left in them.
Both are easily among the best bowlers in Australia domestically but still, I don't rate any as in the same class as Inness.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Richard said:
If Lee gets hammered all over Sri Lanka (as I hope will happen, naturally :D) and Williams gets shown-up as palpably substandard (as is likely, assuming he goes) then Bichel and Kasprowicz may yet have Test-cricket left in them.
Both are easily among the best bowlers in Australia domestically but still, I don't rate any as in the same class as Inness.

and when exactly and how much have you seen inness bowl....

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
2002 for Northants a few times and in one extensively covered Victoria match where he and Harwood both bowled in an extremenly impressive manner.
Sadly, it seems Harwood doesn't have Inness' accuracy. But if circumstances had not conspired against him he'd surely be in the Australian team by now.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Richard said:
This is a more ridiculous statement than the 'first-chance average'. Inness is nowhere near as good as Kasprowicz, let alone Bichel.

Eclipse

International Debutant
Kaspa is a much better bowler than Bichel IMO.

And I cant possibly see how Inness could be worse than Bichel.

Bichel is a great bowler at FC level but not that good at International level.

hourn

U19 Cricketer
i'm a big rap for Inness too and upto this season (which has been plagued by injury/illness) he had been one of the best domestic bowlers in the country for 3-4 seasons.

Got a very strange action, which is far from traditional, but at the end of the day if you've got the sort of numbers which he has been producing over quite a prolonged period than something is going right.

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
Richard said:
OK, i don't agree with what you say for most of that, but i would have let it slip by, if not for your final line.

When have you ever seen Inness bowl?:rolleyes:

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
Eclipse said:
Kaspa is a much better bowler than Bichel IMO.

And I cant possibly see how Inness could be worse than Bichel.

Bichel is a great bowler at FC level but not that good at International level.
However Bichel is one of the games hardest working players and he never gives in. Always making improvements and playing at 110%.

Thats why he's played so many internationals, to an extent.

Eclipse

International Debutant
Mr. Ponting said:
However Bichel is one of the games hardest working players and he never gives in. Always making improvements and playing at 110%.

Thats why he's played so many internationals, to an extent.
Yeah that's for sure he deffinatly gives everything he has got wether it's batting bowling or feilding.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Mr. Ponting said:
OK, i don't agree with what you say for most of that, but i would have let it slip by, if not for your final line.

When have you ever seen Inness bowl?:rolleyes:
What about this?

Richard said:
2002 for Northants a few times and in one extensively covered Victoria match where he and Harwood both bowled in an extremenly impressive manner.
Sadly, it seems Harwood doesn't have Inness' accuracy. But if circumstances had not conspired against him he'd surely be in the Australian team by now.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Mister Wright said:
This is a more ridiculous statement than the 'first-chance average'. Inness is nowhere near as good as Kasprowicz, let alone Bichel.
Kasprowicz and Bichel are both seam and conventional-swing bowlers.
Inness can bowl everything; seam, cut, conventional-swing, reverse-swing.
And not much difference in their accuracy, although but Kasprowicz and Bichel both have FC economy-rates over 3-an-over. Inness' is much better.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Rik said:
Who? Harwood or Inness?
Inness.
Harwood is way too inconsistent, though pretty talented IMO. At 29, anyway, he's not really had enough good years to push for a place.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Is he injured ATM?
It's not inconceivable that he could have been dropped after his performances in First-Class cricket this season.
Especially with Harvey, Lewis, Wise and McDonald getting such good figures. Not to mention Inness, of course.

Craig

World Traveller
I'm not actually sure on Harwood. He isnt playing 1st team cricket, so he maybe or he is down the pecking order.