• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Black Caps ODI Team of Captain's Era

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
Am adding some preset ATG/AT ODI teams to our simulator and decided to do teams time-wise according to the era of the captains. I find this is better than doing it by years because teams tend to naturally peak and assemble around their captain.

I need a team for the McCullum, Vettori, Fleming and Crowe eras, at least. Any others welcome.

This is my effort for the Crowe era:

1. Wright
2. Greatbatch
3. Jones
4. Crowe (c)
5. Rutherford
6. Cairns (3)
7. Harris (5)
8. Smith (wk)
9. Larsen (4)
10. Pringle (2)
11. Morrison (1)

Last edited:

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Am adding some preset ATG/AT ODI teams to our simulator and decided to do teams time-wise according to the era of the captains. I find this is better than doing it by years because teams tend to naturally peak and assemble around their captain.

I need a team for the McCullum, Vettori, Fleming and Crowe eras, at least. Any others welcome.

1. Wright
2. Greatbatch
3. Jones
4. Crowe (c)
5. Rutherford
6. Cairns (3)
7. Harris (5)
8. Smith (wk)
9. Larsen (4)
10. Pringle (2)
11. Morrison (1)
This is for your sim?

Take it to the gaming forum or general Blackcaps thread at least.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
We've had like a million best XIs recently, including the post-1980 NZ one. Just personally, these things are getting a bit tedious - especially from the NZ crowd.

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
We've had like a million best XIs recently, including the post-1980 NZ one. Just personally, these things are getting a bit tedious - especially from the NZ crowd.
Fair dues. I tried to amend the thread title to open it up to every nation, as I think it's an interesting exercise. Can't figure out how though.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member

1. Wright
2. Greatbatch
3. Jones
4. Crowe (c)
5. Rutherford
6. Cairns (3)
7. Harris (5)
8. Smith (wk)
9. Larsen (4)
10. Pringle (2)
11. Morrison (1)