• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Wisden on Murali's Action

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't believe it was either bias or cheating. It was simply enforcing the rule as it existed at the time. I may have exaggerated when I said "the powers that be extended the maximum to 15 degrees to accommodate one particular bowler" but the fact remains the rules was changed following Murali being called. Perhaps one should ask, "Why wasn't the rule changed in the early '50s when four international players were called for throwing? Or in the early '60s when seven were called?"
Hmm, good question. Why was not primary PCI was not offered to your old man when he suffered a heart attack, back in 60s?

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Because that was the trigger incident that prompted actual research on the false premises and beliefs that have clouded reality for years? Why is that a bad thing?

And it was definitely cheating when Emerson did it as I dont even think you were allowed to call those no-balls from that end, forget him actually knowing anything about the degree of the bend, which was, by then, enforced.
Calling a leg break was the pinnacle (rather nadir) of it.