• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Yet another one: ATG Mixed Nations Test Draft

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
well im back. had a blast. it was in the middle of this amazing valley named capertee valley. close to lithgow. anyway its nearly my turn again! thanks NZT for choosing GG for me

i reckon for round 11, the 'any country except aus/WI/eng rule sounds good. partly because ive left it too late to implement 'whatever country you choose in round 10' because tactics might have been different if that rule was there at the start

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
well im back. had a blast. it was in the middle of this amazing valley named capertee valley. close to lithgow. anyway its nearly my turn again! thanks NZT for choosing GG for me

i reckon for round 11, the 'any country except aus/WI/eng rule sounds good. partly because ive left it too late to implement 'whatever country you choose in round 10' because tactics might have been different if that rule was there at the start
tbf not knowing the parameters for round 11 my tactics have been based on the assumption we could choose from any country in that round, which I have been thinking WI/Eng/Aus :p

mr_mister

haha, well ill see what others think. im happy either way. for once i actually will listen to the majority. can every poster suggest how they want round 11 to run and wel go with the general consensus

NZTailender

Well I'm happy with whatever the majority decide ultimately, and I may be talking from a standpoint of defending my own tactics thus far but since nothing was implemented from the get-go, I think anything restrictive to which countries we can pick from could be somewhat unfair. I dunno.

Edit: Maybe consult the draft brains trust i.e. the peeps who run drafts quite often. Not a criticism of your mr_mister but I personally can't think of any solutions, but there might be something obvious to those who have experience in this department.

Oh maybe something like, the type of player you pick from the secondary country has to be opposite from the previous pick i.e. pick a bowler, then yo have to pick a batsman. Can't be one of the same type.

Last edited:

mr_mister

yeah. i guess the theory behind 'any country but wi/eng/aus' was because they all have 11+ ATGs. I'm not that sure why that should mean itd be unfair to allow them for round 11 tho

kingkallis

International Coach
I will take Javed Miandad to be my No.4.

CricZo XI

1. Jack Hobbs / (ENG)
4. Javed Miandad / (PAK)
8. Shane Warne o / (AUS)
10. Dale Steyn o (SAF)
11. Andy Roberts o (WI)

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Aravinda De Silva (SL) for Round 5

1. Herbert Sutcliffe
5. Aravinda De Silva
9. Malcolm Marshall
10. Allan Donald
11. Glenn McGrath

NZTailender

yeah. i guess the theory behind 'any country but wi/eng/aus' was because they all have 11+ ATGs. I'm not that sure why that should mean itd be unfair to allow them for round 11 tho
I think anything that retrospectively, were we to start again afresh, would change our tactics in picking shouldn't be the solution IMO. If I had known I wouldn't be able to double up on an Aus, Eng or WI player later on my first 2-3 round picks would've been a lot different.

The associates idea is good (locked to the last round) because it doesn't affect how anyone picks from now on, really. Neither does letting us double up on Aus/Eng/WI :ph34r:

mr_mister

Okay I agree. Maybe any country can be eligible for a double up in round 11. Ray Lindwall for me

Agent TBY

International Captain
Odd Jobs XI

3. Don Bradman (AUS)
5. AB de Villiers (RSA)
6. Angelo Mathews (SL)
7. Murray Goodwin (ZIM)
10. Curtly Ambrose (WI)

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Brendan Taylor thanks

Brendan Taylor