• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Yet another one: ATG Mixed Nations Test Draft

Agent TBY

International Captain
Bunch of spinners to choose from, but with my three pacers all being right-handed and bound to leave foot marks outside leg, I'll go with Hedley Verity.

That leaves me with a final team of:

Odd Jobs XI

1. Bert Sutcliffe
2. Imrul Kayes
3. Don Bradman (c)
4. Denis Compton (6)
5. AB de Villiers (wk)
6. Angelo Mathews (5)
7. Murray Goodwin
8. Kapil Dev (3)
9. Hedley Verity (4)
10. Fazal Mahmood (2)
11. Curtly Ambrose (1)

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
I was going to have Dravid keep at one point in this team ha.

I choose Clarrie Grimmett. Pretty decent player to still be around at this stage.

Greenidge
Dilshan
Dravid
Hammond (4)
Inzamam
Ashraful
Taibu +
Hadlee (1)
Lindwall (2)
Grimmett (5)
Ntini (3)

Haven't decide on a captain yet. Ashraful going by his average probably deserved to bat 9 in this team... though he did score 6 tons. Strong batting, strong bowling, fair few superstars in there. I'm happy with it.
That's a nice side! I thought Grimmett would go earlier too, and Taibu keeping should go well to that attack. Well done mate

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Should allow at least 24 hours for folks to confirm captains & batting & bowling orders.

Zinzan

Not my greatest draft to date tbh. Got a bit flustered after starting 2nd to last in Round 1 and probably picked my West Indian (Richards) & my Australian (Gilchrist) too early in hindsight. Recovered well in the end, but still tactically not my best effort.

One thing that can't be denied is it's an incredibly attacking batting line-up with Hayden, Richards, Gilchrist, Kohli, Pollock & Zaheer Abbas (with a ODI SR of 84 in the 70s-80s). Would be quite some spectacle.

The undoubted star of the bowling attack is S F Barnes, supported by the aggressive Shane Bond and the conscionable Shaun Pollock. Then the very useful left arm-spin of Herath and part-time spin of Hossain.

Viv Richards to captain the side.

Named in the honour of Frank Constanza, having watched the 'Festivus' episode last week.

Frank Constanza's Festivus XI

1. Brendan Taylor
2. Matthew Hayden
3. Viv Richards* 6
4. Virat Kohli
5. Zaheer Abbas
6. Nasir Hossain 5
7. Adam Gilchrist +
8. Shaun Pollock 2
9. Rangana Herath 4
10. Sydney Barnes 3
11. Shane Bond 1

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
Schearzieh XI
1. Barry Richards\ RotW
2. Saeed Anwar\ Pakistan
3. Kane Williamson\ New Zealand
4. Vijay Hazare\ India
5. Thilan Samaraweera\ Sri Lanka
6. Shakib Al Hasan\• *Bangladesh
7. Les Ames\+ England
8. Heath Streak•\ Zimbabwe
9. Peter Pollock•\ South Africa
10. Wes Hall• West Indies
11. Bill O'Reilly• Australia

Zinzan

No bowling order Schearzie? I'm assuming Hall and Pollock to open, Streak first change, followed by O'Reilly, Shakib & Williamson (if you needed a 6th bowler).