• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pick the Other Guys' Team Draft

WalkingWicket

State 12th Man
OK, we've got XI drafters, which is perfect.

WalkingWicket
KingKallis
AgentTBY
Howe_Zat
Red Hill
Schearzie
AndyZaltzHair
ankitj
Morgieb
NUFAN
Michaelf7777777

Drafters

• 11 drafters
  • First Round is a normal draft. You pick a player.
  • For the next 10 rounds, you pick a player for a different Drafter. Each round it's a different player.
  • Each round is randomised using draftordergenerator.com, plus some excel dealio.
  • The order for the next round will be revealed at the END of the proceeding round.
  • Unlike most drafts, the order for the second round of a pair won't be reversed, as order doesn't matter so much, as you're not picking for yourself. Everything will be randomised.
  • Each Round will be designated a particular kind of player: batsman (x6), wicket-keeper (x1), spin bowler (x1), fast bowler (x2), Wildcard (x1) (can be whatever you want - another batsman, another seamer/spinner etc. This will be the last round)
  • PMs between players will be allowed - makes it interesting and secretive
  • A minimum of 20 tests for a player to be eligible
  • Don is illegible for the personal round, but is OK from Round 2 onwards.

If I've missed any rules you think are applicable, please reply ASAP.

Round 1 - the first batsman round - order coming up...

Last edited:

WalkingWicket

State 12th Man
Round 1 - BATSMAN ROUND - I won't set strict criteria, but logically, they have to be batsman. Can anyone suggest a watertight criteria that will ensure this?

AgentTBY
WalkingWicket
Morgieb
Michaelf7777777
ankitj
NUFAN
Red Hill
KingKallis
AndyZaltzHair
Howe_Zat
Schearzie

Michaelf7777777

International Debutant
Perhaps a multi-tier approach as follows:

1. Anyone who hasn't bowled 1000 balls (50 per test given a 20 test minimum) and hasn't taken a stumping is automatically eligible.
2. Anyone who has bowled a 1000 balls but has a batting average greater than their bowling average while having a career wickets per test of less than 2 is eligible
3. Anyone with a stumping who has taken less than two dismissals per test over their career is eligible

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!

1. Anyone who hasn't bowled 1000 balls (50 per test given a 20 test minimum) and hasn't taken a stumping is automatically eligible.
2. Anyone who has bowled a 1000 balls but has a batting average greater than their bowling average while having a career wickets per test of less than 2 is eligible
3. Anyone with a stumping who has taken less than two dismissals per test over their career is eligible
That sounds pretty good.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
A very secret deal already done between me and kingkallis. He agreed to give me Bradman in 2nd round. I am just glad that the deal went through good.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Donald Bradman (why not?)

Wait, not allowed. I will take Jacques Kaliis.

Last edited:

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Pretty sure he bowled more than 2000 balls. Ineligible.
Still eligible under the 2nd criterion: