• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricketweb Hall of Fame

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Right, I wanted to do this ages ago. Let's try to do this successfully this time.

- The person must have retired 10 years ago. I keep the retirement age long as the focus is to create a Hall of Fame which reflects history. Today when player x retires, he maybe a legend but it takes validity over time to make it to the Hall of Fame.

Stage A

- Each person can nominate upto 3 people associated with cricket.
- After 24 hours, we form a basic list of nominees.

Stage B

- From the basic list, people will be asked to select 10 names each.
- Highest 60 voted will go for the final voting to select 40% which is 25 in the next stage.

Stage C

- In the final voting, a person can vote upto 25 candidates.
- The Top 25 voted will form the initial list of 25 inducted into the Hall of Fame.
- Each year, 10 additional people will be added to the Hall of Fame for the next four years. Beyond that, we add 5 each year.

Stage D

- 50% of candidates selected, so 13 candidates in first year who missed out on being elected into the Hall of Fame will go directly into Stage C for next year.

Obviously will require a bit of help here. So if any one can join me in this for tallying of votes etc, will be appreciated.

So the first in this process is to nominate your initial 3.

PS - cannot add cricketweb members who post/have posted regularly to avoid bias and confusion.

Last edited:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
For nominations, each person can put upto 3 names. After 24 hours, we start stage B.

Last edited:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
We already have a basic list of 151 from 5 years ago:

Alan Knott
Alec Bedser
Alec Stewart
Alfred Mynn
Allan Border
Allan Donald
Andy Ganteaume
Aravinda De Silva
Archie Jackson
Arjuna Ranatunga
Arthur Haygarth
Arthur Shrewsbury
Aubrey Faulkner
Barry Richards
Bernard Bosanquet
Bert Ironmonger
Bert Oldfield
Bert Sutcliffe
Bertie Bosanquet
Betty Wilson
Bill Frindall
Bill O'Reilly
Bill Ponsford
Billy Birmingham
Bishen Bedi
Bob Simpson
Brian Johnston
C.K.Nayudu
CB Fry
Charles Bannerman
Clarrie Grimmett
Clem Hill
Clive Lloyd
CLR James
Clyde Walcott
Colin Bland
Colin Cowdrey
Courtney Walsh
Curtley Ambrose
Dave Gregory
David Boon
David Frith
David Gower
David Lloyd
Demon Spofforth
Dennis Compton
Dennis Lillee
Dermot Reeve
Don Bradman
Don Tallon
Douglas Jardine
Douglas Marillier
Dr Paul Hawkins
Dudley Nourse
Eddie Paynter
Edgar Willsher
Everton Weekes
Farook Engineer
Fazal Mahmood
Frank Duckworth and Tony Lewis
Frank Tyson
Frank Worrell
Fred Trueman
Garry Sobers
Geoff Boycott
George Headley
George Lohmann
George Parr
Gilbert Jessop
Gordon Greenidge
Graeme Pollock
Greg Chapell
Gundappa Viswanath
Hanif Mohammad
Harold Larwood
Hedley Verity
Henry Blofeld
Herbert Sutcliffe
Hrishikesh Kanitkar
Ian Botham
Imran Khan
Jack Blackham
Jack Hobbs
Javed Miandad
Jim Laker
Joe Darling
Joel Garner
John Arlott
John Reid
John Small
John Traicos
John Willes
John Wisden
Johnny Briggs
Jonty Rhodes
Kapil Dev
Keith Miller
Ken Barrington
Kerry Packer
KS Duleepsinhji
Lala Amarnath
Learie Constantine
Len Hutton
Les Ames
Lord Beginner and Lord Kitchener
Lord Hawke
Mahadevan Sathasivam
Malcolm Marshall
Mark Greatbatch
Mark Waugh
Martin Crowe
Maurice Tate
Michael Holding
Mike Procter
Monty Noble
Nawab of Pataudi
Neil Harvey
Neville Cardus
Ranji
Ray Lindwall
Richard Hadlee
Richie Benaud
Robert Craddock
Rohan Kanhai
Samuel Britcher
Stan McCabe
Stanley Jackson
Steve Waugh
Sunil Gavaskar
Sydney Barnes
Ted Dexter
Thomas Walker
Tom Richardson
Umpire David Shepherd
Umpire Dickie Bird
Umpire Lou Rowan
Victor Trumper
Vijay Hazare
Vijay Manjrekar
Vijay Merchant
Vinoo Mankad
Viv Richards
W.G.Grace
Walter Hammond
Waqar Younis
Warwick Armstong
Wasim Akram
Wes Hall
Wilfred Rhodes
William Beldham
William Lillywhite

If any one wants any one added further in it (serious nominations only), we consider nominations in the next 24 hours (3 maximum per person) and then go for stage B.

Last edited:

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Burgey still plays I guess. Fertang is a serious nomination. You haven't restricted the criteria to just players.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
If any one wants any one added further in it (serious nominations only), we consider nominations in the next 24 hours (3 maximum per person) and then go for stage B.
If William Beldham is on the list then AFAIAC anything is a serious nomination.

My three nominations are:

1) Bruce Edgar
2) Martin Donnelly
3) Graham Dowling

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
We have two options. Either we keep a criteria of minimum number of first class games of 50 or 100. Or we let it be all inclusive. First option means we have Neville Cardus out. Second option means we have Burgey in. :/

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Burgey still plays I guess. Fertang is a serious nomination. You haven't restricted the criteria to just players.
If you feel like it and you cbf I would support you in starting a CW member hall of fame. Although all those who have won the battle of the members are in one already.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
We have two options. Either we keep a criteria of minimum number of first class games of 50 or 100. Or we let it be all inclusive. First option means we have Neville Cardus out. Second option means we have Burgey in. :/
If this is for players only, then the first criteria seems reasonable. Otherwise everything is fair game and it's up to the masses to decide. Fertang is to CW cricket writing what Cardus was to his era. This is the CricketWeb Hall of Fame, I think it's a reasonable nomination and if it isn't, he won't get voted in. Simple.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
If this is for players only, then the first criteria seems reasonable. Otherwise everything is fair game and it's up to the masses to decide. Fertang is to CW cricket writing what Cardus was to his era. This is the CricketWeb Hall of Fame, I think it's a reasonable nomination and if it isn't, he won't get voted in. Simple.
It's a Cricket Hall of Fame by Cricketweb. Not a Cricketweb Members Hall of Fame. Let's not make it controversial at an initial stage like this. Added a clause for the same. Sorry.

Last edited: