• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mark Waugh calls it a Day!!!

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Mark Waugh will retire from all forms of cricket at the end of the Aussie Domestic season. Waugh has struggled for NSW since retiring from International cricket, and will now join brother Steve on the sidelines...

IMO this is a great decision Mark has struggled big time and its not great to see a champion battle on when really his time was up...

I grew up watching Junior play and i will be at his final match to farewell him...

All the best Mark!!

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
End of an era for certain......I was glad to be watching cricket during Steve and Mark's playing days.....very entertaining. It will be sad to see them go as they gave the game so much!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Has Stephen already confirmed he will leave domestic games too?
If so, good - it would be a shame for them to bow-out seperately from NSW. It was a shame enough that they went seperately from Tests.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Shame to see Junior go, but he really didn't seem to be as motivated as before and wasn't scoring very many runs. But anyway ashame to see such an elegent batsman go and I will cherish seeing him on his last tour of England for a while yet.

Ford_GTHO351

U19 Vice-Captain
Richard said:
Has Stephen already confirmed he will leave domestic games too?
I think Steve Waugh had already said (before Mark Waugh announced his retirement from domestic cricket) that this will be his last season of domestic cricket.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
yeah, he hasn't quite been thee this season, will be an all star line up for NSW that game with McGrath fit and ruled out of the Sri Lana test series - Bevan and Clarke should also be back by than from the ODI tour

Legglancer

State Regular
Sorry to "rain on the parade" but Mark Waugh and Shane Warne are the first "Match Fixers" who got caught in 1994 and should have been kicked out of cricket long time ago even before cronje and azhar. The aussie cricket board covered up for them which clearly shows the double standards that plagues cricket to this day !:!(

Legglancer

State Regular
age_master said:
i would hardly call passing on pitch conditions etc match fixing, you should watch what you say...
LOL .... Ignorance is Bliss for some.... perhaps you are not familier that Salim Malik, Azhar ect were all giving pitch and weather reports that are awailable through the curator for free.... Dream On ...

Ford_GTHO351

U19 Vice-Captain
Legglancer said:
Sorry to "rain on the parade" but Mark Waugh and Shane Warne are the first "Match Fixers" who got caught in 1994 and should have been kicked out of cricket long time ago even before cronje and azhar. The aussie cricket board covered up for them which clearly shows the double standards that plagues cricket to this day !:!(
Match Fixing :lol: That was nothing but a stupid comment.

Sure Mark Waugh & Shane Warne were guilty of passing pitch conditions, but to say that they fixed games and to compare them with Cronje, Malik etc. who are the real match fixers is down right stupid!

Maddy

Cricket Spectator
Mark Waugh: "Pretty much at the start of the year I thought this would be my last season unless a miracle happened and I made 10 centuries and got younger"

:lol:

I wonder if he'll stay in cricket in some capacity... commentary or coaching perhaps?

harry674

School Boy/Girl Captain
not that iam saying shane&mark were fixing matches but to hire someone to give info which is available for free doesnt make sense to me.

Craig

World Traveller
age_master said:
yeah, he hasn't quite been thee this season, will be an all star line up for NSW that game with McGrath fit and ruled out of the Sri Lana test series - Bevan and Clarke should also be back by than from the ODI tour
You have to be of the first people from Sydney I have read that is saying Clarke will replace Steve Waugh.