Thread: Mark Waugh calls it a Day!!!

Rik
    Originally posted by Langeveldt
    A champion of right handed elegance, and a star for it
    2nd that!
    "Age is just a stupid number"

20...that's a rather big number :(:(:(

Cricket Spectator
    Mark Waugh: "Pretty much at the start of the year I thought this would be my last season unless a miracle happened and I made 10 centuries and got younger"

I wonder if he'll stay in cricket in some capacity... commentary or coaching perhaps?

School Boy/Girl Captain
    not that iam saying shane&mark were fixing matches but to hire someone to give info which is available for free doesnt make sense to me.
    Yuvraj+Schewag future of Indian cricket

Official Sponsor of AGC (Anti Ganguly Club)

I TOLD U GUYS INDIA 151 ALL OUT IN BEGINING.

HARRY THE NOSTRADAMUS

Originally posted by age_master
    yeah, he hasn't quite been thee this season, will be an all star line up for NSW that game with McGrath fit and ruled out of the Sri Lana test series - Bevan and Clarke should also be back by than from the ODI tour
    You have to be of the first people from Sydney I have read that is saying Clarke will replace Steve Waugh.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

Plasmanaut on Fire Champion!
    im not sure exactly what you are trying to say there, i think you missed a word or something:alien8:
    Member of CW Green
    Kerry O'Keefe - Worlds funniest Commentator

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Originally posted by Legglancer
    Sorry to "rain on the parade" but Mark Waugh and Shane Warne are the first "Match Fixers" who got caught in 1994 and should have been kicked out of cricket long time ago even before cronje and azhar. The aussie cricket board covered up for them which clearly shows the double standards that plagues cricket to this day !:!(
    Had they been made an example of it is my firm belief that Cronje and Azharrudin would never have got into the situations they did.
    That said, Waugh and Warne never fixed matches and by no standards should they have been "kicked-out" of cricket.
    A short ban and a public dressing-down would have done, and would have saved so much from so many.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

An elegant batsman and a fantastic slipper. I don't believe he ever reached his full potential, but I don't think that it worried him a great deal.
    Only two states to be in - Queensland and drunk.

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    I think he reached his full potential in all fields bar one - Test batting. One-day batting, at international and domestic level, I hoped he might end both careers averaging over 40, but 39 isn't bad. First-Class batting his record is phenominal, even if it has taken another disappointing dip in the last couple of seasons. Catching and fielding everywhere, brilliant. Bowling, not that good, but very useful on occasions. Don't think it could have been much better than it was.
    If he'd have ended with a Test average of 45-6, though, I think it would have been a better indication of his abiliy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information