• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Daryl Tuffey

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Daryl Tuffey has to be the worst bowler currently playing.

in his first 4 overs he conceded 34 runs and then Fleming brilliantly decides to give Tuffey the last over.

In which Chanderpaul hits Tuffey for 3 consecutive 4's to win the match.

Im not sure about anyone else, but im sick of the sight of Tuffey lumbering in & bowling half-ar$ed deliveries.

Somebody should tell him that he either uses his height & power to bowl fast or forget about playing.

Rich2001

International Captain
I can't speak about his current efforts as I haven't seen any footage of him, but when I watched him play vs England he seemed to be trying hard, so I don't know why he would suddendly become so unenthusiastic about playing.

Has he been carrying an injury recently?

Also I can't believe you guys lost defending 291 :O better luck for the Tests :)

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Well in the context of the game, all the other 10 players made some kind of contribution apart from Astle. So really..Daryl Tuffey single handly lost the game for New Zealand.

When I heard on the radio that Tuffey was to bowl the last over, I almost spat out my drink, because lately Tuffey has been copping a hiding from the Pakistan & West Indies batsmen.

Rich2001

International Captain
Well Bond's contribution was to put Chanderpual in hospital, unluckly for NZ he recovered a bit to quickly.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Tuffey reaches a maximum of 128 k's when he bowls which is pathetic for a man of his size & power. He could probably bowl 135 k's + if he wanted to.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Bond had started poorly in the 4 games that he played. But you have to give him credit, because in all 4 games he seemed to finish strongly, by either conceding little runs or taking 1 or 2 wickets.

Hes still on the road to recovery and i would give him a pass for this series.

Kimbo

International Debutant
Well, obviously Fleming didn't really want to bowl Tuffey, as Hitchcock's overs had been miscalculated. However... Tuffey obviously was the wrong option. Maybe Astle should have bowled it. :undecided:

Andre

International Regular
Chris Martin and Ian Butler are worse. Imagine the NZ attack as Martin Tuffey Butler and Brooke Walker - candidtates for 1000 runs conceded

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I think Chris Martin is better than Tuffey, as at least Martin has a bit of pace on him.

Im still willing to wait & see on Butler. If he doesn't take a bucket load of wickets for Northern Districts this season, then all the development work on him will have been wasted & will show just how much of a talent he really is.

Eyes_Only

International Debutant
Can't say I've seen Tuffey or Martin but am willing to bet that he bowled because of the Hitchcock miscalculation!!

I agree that Astle should have bowled the last over and was surprised to see that Fleming didn't use him.

Does anyone know how many overs Astle bowled??

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Yes, I think it should have been Astle to bowl it unless he was injured or something?

Hitchcock is a brilliant defensive bowler and if Cairns returns, I think Hitchcock will probably keep his place.

With Dazza dropping out.

I think Joey Yovich will eventually come in aswell, because he can bat too and at least bowls with a bit of pace.

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
I think Tuffey is a great bowler but is off form now.. Against England he
had a wonderful series. He does lack pace but I still think he is better
that other bowlers who would take his position.

Kimbo

International Debutant
He was good in the England series, but that was the only time I have ever seen him good. He is back to what he always was- a slow innacurate bowler...
doesn't merit a spot in the team.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I just can't understand how a man of his size does not get his pace up over 135 k's.

I agree that when in form Tuffey can cause a few problems, but over the past 2 seasons I have only seen him play decently in about 2 of 16 or so tests.