• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stuart Broad Career Prediction Thread

Geoffboycott

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
How many wickets will he finish with? More than Anderson? More than mcgrath? Will his average come down? How long will he play? Will he stay in the side? His record vs Australia is brilliant and is the best out of all england quicks since probably Fred trueman! Where does he rate among the great quicks?

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
It could probably go either way with him. Could last another 5-6 years and pass 500 wickets. Could potentially be finished in two years as well. He's nearly four years younger than Jimmy though, who only had about 230 wickets at the same time, at a higher average.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I wouldn't say Broad is the best since Trueman but he is a fantastic bowler. Should target 400 and take it from there. With his injury record he may drop off quickly like Gillespie did but hopefully he can carry on for another five years and reach 500+.

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
I only ever see Broad bowl really when he's versing Australia, so he's looked like the pick of the English bowlers since the 2013 Ashes. He bowls better to his plans than Anderson does for mine. They're both such quality bowlers I might be nitpicking but I have felt for a few years that he's better.
As to how many wickets, well depends how his body holds up, but if he get 400+ at about 27 I'd think he's achieved to his abilities. I'd personally love to see him go even better than that though

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
This might be un-Australian but I actually really like Broad.