• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in Ireland and England 2015 (limited overs)

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Thu Aug 27 (50 ovs) 10:45 local (09:45 GMT | 19:45 AEST | 19:15 ACST | 17:45 AWST)
Only ODI - Ireland v Australia
Civil Service Cricket Club, Stormont, Belfast

Mon Aug 31 (20 ovs) 15:00 local (14:00 GMT | 00:00 AEST 1d | 23:30 ACST | 22:00 AWST)
Only T20I - England v Australia Sophia Gardens, Cardiff

Thu Sep 3 (50 ovs) 14:00 local (13:00 GMT | 23:00 AEST | 22:30 ACST | 21:00 AWST)
1st ODI - England v Australia The Rose Bowl, Southampton

Sat Sep 5 (50 ovs) 10:30 local (09:30 GMT | 19:30 AEST | 19:00 ACST | 17:30 AWST)
2nd ODI - England v Australia Lord's, London

Tue Sep 8 (50 ovs) 14:00 local (13:00 GMT | 23:00 AEST | 22:30 ACST | 21:00 AWST)
3rd ODI - England v Australia Old Trafford, Manchester

Fri Sep 11 (50 ovs) 10:30 local (09:30 GMT | 19:30 AEST | 19:00 ACST | 17:30 AWST)
4th ODI - England v Australia Headingley, Leeds

Sun Sep 13 (50 ovs) 10:30 local (09:30 GMT | 19:30 AEST | 19:00 ACST | 17:30 AWST)
5th ODI - England v Australia Old Trafford, Manchester

No responsibility is taken by NUFAN for the accuracy of this information.

Yes Wales are hosting a match too.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Australia squad: Steven Smith (capt), Ashton Agar, George Bailey, Joe Burns, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Pat Cummins, Glenn Maxwell, Mitchell Marsh, James Pattinson, Mitchell Starc, Marcus Stoinis, Matthew Wade (wk), Shane Watson, David Warner, Cameron Boyce (T20I only)

Johnson and Hazlewood rested. Faulkner suspended and Finch is injured.

ImpatientLime

International Regular
yes, based freezing cold september day/night games.

wanna see roy dumped and moeen back in at the top. provides us with much needed bowling depth too.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Moeen vs Starc with a white ball, Cummins, Pattinson and Coulter-Nile - that'll end well

91Jmay

International Coach
Moeen vs Starc with a white ball, Cummins, Pattinson and Coulter-Nile - that'll end well
He isn't in first XI for white ball cricket, although he looked alright sticking Cummins in the stand 3 times in a row in January.

CzechMikey

Cricket Spectator
Looking forward to the Ireland match, despite the fact that it's in Ireland so will almost definitely be rained off. ;)

King Pietersen

International Captain
yes, based freezing cold september day/night games.

wanna see roy dumped and moeen back in at the top. provides us with much needed bowling depth too.
Really? He's had 5 innings. This is the problem with England in all formats, but particularly in the shorter form. We give someone a go, and just bin them after just a few games for no reason. Roy didn't perform superbly, but he looked decent when he got going. Definitely deserves at least another series. ODi team should be as unchanged as possible from the NZ series. The tough decision will be Bairstow vs Billings, but after solid performances in the Tests, I'd be going Bairstow. So I'd line up:

Hales
Roy
Root
Morgan
Stokes
Buttler
Bairstow
Willey
Rashid
Broad
Finn

If Broad's not fit/being rested for the ODi's, then stick Wood back in.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
One day series

Seriously, **** the tests. They're over apart from potentially 5 days of lacklustre dead rubber and further bitching and sniping from Camp Australia, Associates & Hangers On.

One day squad announced:

Australia squad: Steven Smith (capt), Ashton Agar, George Bailey, Joe Burns, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Pat Cummins, Glenn Maxwell, Mitchell Marsh, James Pattinson, Mitchell Starc, Marcus Stoinis, Matthew Wade (wk), Shane Watson, David Warner, Cameron Boyce (T20I only)

Forkers a big loss thru suspension. Guessing they'll shape up something like:

Warner
Burns
Smith *
Bailey
Watson
Maxwell
Wade +
Starc
Agar
NCN/Patto
Cummins

England gonna trot out the same dross they did in the WC? Or bite the bullet and swallow the pride and bring back KP?

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Just started a thread on this in the Ashes sub forum before I saw this here.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Why would England bring KP back when they've got an exciting young line up?

Only change I'd make from the New Zealand series is Taylor for Root.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
NUFAN always makes the one day threads, then some **** ignores it and makes another one which we all post in.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I'm sure we will use the series to experiment but what is our best ODI lineup from the squad selected? I can't see Stoinis making our best XI but the other 13 have legitimate claims.
I personally think Wade should bat 4 for us so that we have Maxwell, Watson and either Bailey or Marsh batting in the (hopefully) later stages of the innings.

My lineup would be:
1. Burns 2. Warner 3. Smith 4. Wade 5. Watson 6. Maxwell 7. Marsh 8. Starc 9. Agar 10. Cummins 11. Coulter-Nile - I think Pattinson is better than all 3 quicks in Tests, but not so much in ODIs. Patto will clearly play during the series and I wont mind at all as he is great to watch.

If Wade bats at the customary 7 (despite being ordinary there), Bailey bats at 4 for me with one of Marsh or Agar being removed from the team above.