• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in Ireland and England 2015 (limited overs)

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Jon Holland really should have played some ODIs, tbf. He's no worse than Doherty in that role, and the selectors always wanted a Doherty-esque bowler.

Always seemed to get injured at the wrong times.
Completely forgot he exist after that brief second in which some people thought he was going to usurp Lyon.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
yeah that was silly of me. its 1am here lol im tired and only half paying attention, didnt know they had reduced it to 42 overs. looks like now he wont even get a fifty

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Aus T20I XI Warner, Watson, Smith (c), Maxwell, M. Marsh, Stoinis, Wade, Coulter-Nile, Starc, Cummins, Boyce #ENGvAUS

Interesting to see what team England puts together.

Teams play so few international t20s that you have to base team selection on how the players do in the domestic game. It would seem harsh to drop Roy after two it20s but Vince possibly deserves the chance on the back of his domestic t20 form this year. Otherwise it'll be interesting to see how many of the allround options they put together in the team.

World T20 in India 7 months away. Hard to think anything but England getting massively outclassed in that tournament. Whilst other teams might not play much international t20 all the Aussies, SA, Kiwis players play the IPL and so will be well versed in the conditions and current thinking + obviously asian teams. For that reason it's probably important that England stick on a side early and give all the preparation they can to that 12 or 13 players.

Someone like Stokes (whose bowling is erratic and lacking in good variation + batting prone to inconsistencies + poor manipulating the strike against spin) would be a good candidate for someone to be rested/not selected from T20s until after WC given his workload in all formats + England allround options. Not going to happen though.

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
I've got corporate tickets at Sophia Gardens tomorrow. Free bar from 10 so not sure i'll how much of them men's match i'll remember.