• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in Ireland and England 2015 (limited overs)

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I've talked about it before, but its not a case of Wade sucking at 7, it's a case of all keepers essentially sucking at 7, unless you're MSD or Jos. I think Wade should be tried in the middle order, but I think he'll get the jobber spot at 7

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I've talked about it before, but its not a case of Wade sucking at 7, it's a case of all keepers essentially sucking at 7, unless you're MSD or Jos. I think Wade should be tried in the middle order, but I think he'll get the jobber spot at 7
I remember you have mentioned this before but did you take strike rate into account, I can't remember? I just get the impression that from overs 35 to 50 Wade will have a significantly worse SR than the likes of Watson, Maxwell and Marsh which is a big reason for me including him there and probably why you think he should be tried in the middle order..

91Jmay

International Coach
Ali
Hales
Root
Morgan
Stokes
Buttler
Billings
Rashid
Willey
Wood
Finn

I'd go for that. Give Ali a run in limited overs cricket as we will likely need him in T20 world cup. Possibly harsh on Bairstow but coming in at 7 I think Billings is more suited to score late on.

Last edited:

Compton

International Debutant
I'm a massive KP fan, but bringing him back now would just be an absolute howler of a decision :laughing:

Howe_zat

Audio File
Which England players would Aus take in their admittedly still champion one day team?

Buttler, Root, mebbe Broad and that's about it?

Howe_zat

Audio File
Stokes' record in ODIs is horrendous.

Kinda assuming it'll sort itself out eventually on not much evidence, aren't we?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Which England players would Aus take in their admittedly still champion one day team?

Yeah that'd be it. Broad's been really dire in ODIs for ages so I'd think about taking Anderson instead or just not taking a bowler at all.

Julian87

State Captain
I really think Australia have missed a trick here in not picking Usman Khawaja. He's been the best OD bat in Australian competitions for a couple of seasons straight. Picking Burns here is a bit of a cop out for leaving him out of the test squad. I hope he does well though. Also, why on earth Stoinis? Didn't he only play the 4 day stuff in India?

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
I'm guessing they want to see if Stoinis can step up to international cricket more generally, certainly a PONI now that they've ****ed off Watson and MMarsh hasn't locked down #6. Batsman who can bowl a bit vs. genuine all-rounder.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah exactly, PONI explains the inclusion perfectly. The good thing about Stoinis is his technique, soooo good.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Stonnis was marked as a PONI last off-season, when he got picked for Aus A on the back of like one innings. They're def into him

burr

State Vice-Captain

England are so lucky to have Jos. Think he'll end up a superstar of the global game.

Julian87

State Captain
Stokes' record in ODIs is horrendous.

Kinda assuming it'll sort itself out eventually on not much evidence, aren't we?
What he will never be is an economical bowler in OD stuff. But unless administrators make some changes away from the ridiculously batting weighted format, not many all rounders will be. What I think the general consensus is that he's just too good a raw player to leave out considering how gash the England OD team has been for decades. I know his form was different in the English off season but every Australian I talked to or read articles from was just gobsmacked that England didn't take him to the world cup and banked on blokes like James Taylor.

Howe_zat

Audio File
He was downright horrible in the lead up series. As in 'making Ravi Bopara look much better in comparison' kind of horrible.

Has only really established a Test spot this summer anyway. Meteoric

TheJammyTurtle

U19 Cricketer
Wonder if England will ever call up Steve Davies again,quite possibly the best ODI opener in the country.Or will they neglect him for a certain reason...