• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sanga retiring, where does he place?

Sanga retiring, where does he place?

• 2nd greatest Test batsman ever

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • Just above Tendulkar and Lara

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • Same level as Tendulkar and Lara

Votes: 21 36.8%
  • Just below Tendulkar and Lara

Votes: 30 52.6%

• Total voters

viriya

International Captain
Last time I checked, longevity wasn't something presented to him as a birthday gift 8-)
His last 20 or so tests were kinda gift-wrapped considering how he averaged <30 and pushed Rohit's debut by a good 2 years.

viriya

International Captain
You'd be embarrassed about making that post if you were aware of the circumstances, but whatever, continue wumming.
I know the circumstances, it's that one knock that's brought up to blame his teammates.

It was a very good knock, but blaming teammates is kinda lame.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Sanga going out toeing a catch to silly point is delicious punishment. Cop it on the nut viriya :ph34r:

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Oh right blame us for trying to talk sense instead of the guy actually stinking up the place. Makes sense to me. You guys suck.
I didn't blame you, my comment was more of an observation that this argument is still taking over threads despite there being like half a decade (or more) since I stopped posting in here because of stuff like this.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The best part is when posters pretend the reason they like X player more than Y player is because X player had a slightly better average in England or in the sub-continent

cnerd123

likes this
Oh right blame us for trying to talk sense instead of the guy actually stinking up the place. Makes sense to me. You guys suck.
If you ignore a bad post from a bad poster; it's one bad post in a decent thread.

If you engage him, it's a billion bad posts and ruins the thread.

If you're gonna engage with someone talking BS atleast make it funny.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If you ignore a bad post from a bad poster; it's one bad post in a decent thread.

pls this is coming from a guy who's had 30-page ****fests in partnership with me vs the legendary Blocky/WW tag team.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)

wait, you didn't ignore him at all:

Nah not this tired old argument again.

Sachin has played loads of fantastic innings. Many of them in vain due to the quality of the team around him early in his career, and many overlooked due to the quality of batsmen around him later in his career.

More importantly, Sachin's genius, consistency and longevity comfortably place him above others, even if a smaller % of his innings were memorable.