• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Shane Watson should captain australia, to be dominant again.

knight42

Cricket Spectator
My whole post is inspired from this phrase 'if Australia wants to be dominant again' in world cricket like it did in the past decade under waugh.

I love cricket played by men.. gladiators.. not a bunch of infantiles.. Smith, looks & behaves like an infant.

Last edited:

kingkallis

International Coach
My whole post is inspired from this phrase 'if Australia wants to be dominant again' in world cricket like it did in the past decade under waugh.

I love cricket played by men.. gladiators.. not a bunch of infantiles..
Watson must be the most fragile Gladiator, ever!

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Outside of india, he was the most famous cricketer in the world. It reflected in the number of FB fanpages. He had around 190 fanpages (only chris gayle matched that). In comparison (Clarke, warner,,....etc had roughly 45 fanpages).
In a test vs SL december 2012, he made him bowl 47 years, which obviously injured him.
Watson is a giver. He is like jesus when it comes to selflessness. Heard many times from fellow cricketers.
Gold

knight42

Cricket Spectator
Watson must be the most fragile Gladiator, ever!
He is a human. Not hercules. He plays Tests, ODIs, T20Is, IPL,..... all round the calendar. And he is a allrounder. Bats & Bowls. And the training he goes into it (both batting & bowling). And he is big. Just imagin the workload. There you go. He's not fragile. He's a human. Any person(of his size) with that much amount of workload will carry multiple injuries.

He's a GLADIATOR. He fought back from all his injuries.

Last edited:

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
I'm convinced. Put me down for #TeamWatto.

Let's make him PM while we're at it, his laws on judicial decision reviews would be brilliant, while his 'free hamstrings in every dressing room' policy will make us a world biotech power.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
I thought Brad Hodge was the guy who claimed to be like Jesus. Rose after 7 years and all (or so he says).

Watson's had way more resurrections (from injury/dropping, all equally inexplicable), so logically he's like SuperJesus! Only without the whole 'Jesus' bit. Or the 'Super' bit.

knight42

Cricket Spectator
ZinZan, that celebration was way back. He looked & behaved like a captain from 2012. He captained 9 ODIs FYI

kingkallis

International Coach
He is a human. Not hercules. He plays Tests, ODIs, T20Is, IPL,..... all round the calendar. And he is a allrounder. Bats & Bowls. And the training he goes into it (both batting & bowling). And he is big. Just imagin the workload. There you go. He's not fragile. He's a human. Any person(of his size) with that much amount of workload will carry multiple injuries.

He's a GLADIATOR. He fought back from all his injuries.
Son, what would you call Jacques Kallis then? He did all this minus the injuries for year.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I actually agree with this. He has all the makings of a great captain. If he played for one of the minor nations like Sri Lanka or India he'd probably have been captain already I guess.

knight42

Cricket Spectator
Son, what would you call Jacques Kallis then? He did all this minus the injuries for year.
Don't know how much workload kallis had in comparison to watson (including training). Kallis body-type is different from watson's. Kallis muscle-type is not as hard as watsons. And, Watson puts so much extra energy into everything he does. It reflects on the field (atleast from i what i saw of him during 2011-2012) especially in shorter formats & IPLs. All these leads to injuries.

BTW, He is barely injured in last 2 years......

I prefer watson's body-type (inspite of injuries due to his bowling workload), coz it gives him power, and watson's orthodox-power batting is the best thing ever happened to batting.There is nothing better to watch as far as cricket goes. His some ODIs, T20s, WT20 2012, & a few early IPLs is a gift for a cricket fan. I can't even describe the joy watching him bat.

And calling an adult 'son' shows your inferiority complex.

Last edited: