• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Shane Watson should captain australia, to be dominant again.

knight42

Cricket Spectator
I wrote it & posted at 3 places. At first, i did not know where to post it. When i posted it at some place, Not much audience there, i asked them for 'popular cricket forums', they referred cricketweb to me. Then i did it here. When i make an effort in writing such long piece, i want it to reach many people.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I wrote it & posted at 3 places. At first, i did not know where to post it. When i posted it at some place, Not much audience there, i asked them for 'popular cricket forums', they referred cricketweb to me. Then i did it here. When i make an effort in writing such long piece, i want it to reach many people.
Yeah definitely fair enough, especially since you just posted it as a thread rather than trying to direct traffic elsewhere. I hope you stick around.

Watson's always been one of my favourite players but I gave up making excuses a while ago. Still, enjoyed the read.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Liking Shane Watson is forever a stain on 3 men who are otherwise great in every way - PEWS, DCYE and Faaip.

knight42

Cricket Spectator
Yeah definitely fair enough, especially since you just posted it as a thread rather than trying to direct traffic elsewhere. I hope you stick around.

Watson's always been one of my favourite players but I gave up making excuses a while ago. Still, enjoyed the read.
Thanks.
I actually don't care what's the future has for him. Coz i know, it will be good whatever it maybe..

But as cricket fans, we are selfish. We want the best. I (for example) know that there is something great out there & we are not getting it.

I wanna add to the OP,
The current situation is ridiculous. People today do not understand the difference between batting & captaincy. They think that, a good batsman is a good captain. What a horrible joke.

Cricket has turned from being a sport of men to a sport of boys. Its irritating. Waugh's team was more or less a formidable team. It makes for compelling watch. It draws interest. It excites you. But today, there is nothing of that...
I watched IPL 2014, so i know how a team looks like with big watson at forefront. Like a lion. You want a team with a lion leading it. Like gladiators. Nobody wants to watch a team with a tiny cat at front.
Moreover, watson is the nicest guy in cricket. He has all the right morals, very selfless, helps his teammates like hell, he's a allrounder & hence has knowledge in both departments which is a plus for a captain in making tactics, never blamed anyone after a loss, ,.... he's simply the best.
He signed for 'sydney thunder' recently. A team which is always at the bottom of the points table. I guess he'll play next year as captain. He will bring it to top 4.
Whereas with a guy like smith, the team's position might stay as it is or can go down. I like smith. But, He's not leadership material. It would have been ok if he captained Under-16 or Under-19 team, but to lead a group of men is a disgusting joke.
Cricket fans are missing out here.

Last edited:

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Thread of the year.

Flawless post, anyone who barracks for Watson deserves nothing but kudos in my books.

Last edited:

the big bambino

International Captain
If I could begin each day reading an OP as entertaining I'd be happy for the rest of my life. I don't know what is more amazing: Someone man enough to be a Watson fanboi or someone from India having a good opinion about an Australian cricketer. As to the possible identity of the OP; maybe its Andrew Symonds or Matty Hayden and the idea isn't really to praise Twatto but bag Clarke.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
If Watto wasn't such a petulant sook in his younger days he'd probably be captain right now.