• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Will Alastair Cook go on to surpass Tendulkar's test run tally?

Will Cook surpass Tendulkar's test run tally?

• Yes, he's still a real chance

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Unlikely, but a slim outside chance

Votes: 19 51.4%
  • No chance at all now

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Basphemy to even pose such a question

Votes: 5 13.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Sure, but the only relevant 'if' is whether Cook scores those further 6699 runs or not. And to provide context, he'll need to move ahead of Lara in 8th place in the below list of 'runs scorers past the age of 30' to achieve it (granted Cook is some 200 days past.).

I still think it's more unlikely than not, but it's not exactly beyond the realms either...
Kumar Sangakkara - WAFG.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
No, and anyone that thought he could ever do so was a poo poo head, as I've pointed out before on here.

Chrish

International Debutant
Root has a fair chance to catch up with SRT.. He is young and England plays a LOT of tests.. As for Cook, nada!

Chrish

International Debutant
there is a reason why majority of Saffer and Eng batsmen average more away than at home including Cook..

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Luckily he's had his whole life playing in those conditions hey?
Except English conditions are harder for opening batting and easier for seam bowlers.

And before you go accusing me of being a hypocrite, let's look at Zaheer Khan. Since July 2007, he averages 33 in Australia, India and South Africa, and 35 in New Zealand. In England he averages 19.

Your move.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Except English conditions are harder for opening batting and easier for seam bowlers.

And before you go accusing me of being a hypocrite, let's look at Zaheer Khan. Since July 2007, he averages 33 in Australia, India and South Africa, and 35 in New Zealand. In England he averages 19.

Your move.
lol, see GIMP's post

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bump

Exactly 1 year on & a further 1334 runs scored. Now requiring 5365 to get there....

Anyone moved from the "No chance at all" option to .. "Unlikely, but a slim outside chance" in that time?

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Your move.
You may very well have a point here, but citing one bowlers' stats is a pretty weak and piss-poor way of trying to make it.