• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Test-only players ODI Draft

Agent TBY

International Captain
Odd Jobs XI

1. Clem Hill
5. Clyde Walcott (+)
6. Aubrey Faulkner
7. Warwick Armstrong
8. Maurice Tate

watson

Banned
Hassett has the temperment and the technique to ge a good 'finisher' I reckon. Nice choice.

Zinzan with double pick to kick-off Round 6.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
I was wondering the same about Harvey, whether it would be good to have him open. Though can't really decide. Pollock should be at home at #3.
I feel like Harvey would be a very valuable middle overs batsman/finisher, running quickly between the wickets, manipulating fields and having the strokes to be a quick scorer later on. Dean Jones-like, only more complete IMO.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Firstly the guy with the best bowling average in test history, who had the remarkable test ER of 1.88 ; George Lohmann

Secondly, the great Ken Barrington. Interesting only John Reid has more recorded sixes of the pre-1970 than Barrington's 27 sixes.

_
_
Weekes
Barrington
Hammond
_
_
Verity
_
Lohmann
Trueman

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
there are some damn good aussie openers still floating around as well as probably a better english middle order batsman, but for his captaincy, iconic status, underrated skill with the bat and the fact I love reading about him and Bodyline, Douglas Jardine to captain my side :)

Agent TBY

International Captain
Time to unleash the beast, the economical and brutal...

Odd Jobs XI

1. Clem Hill
5. Clyde Walcott (+)
6. Aubrey Faulkner
7. Warwick Armstrong
8. Maurice Tate
11. Neil Adcock

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Time to unleash the beast, the economical and brutal...

Odd Jobs XI

1. Clem Hill
5. Clyde Walcott (+)
6. Aubrey Faulkner
7. Warwick Armstrong
8. Maurice Tate
11. Neil Adcock
I actually almost picked him previous round but went for Tyson's pace in the end.

AldoRaine18

State Vice-Captain
I'm giving brownie points for being a great fielder while scouting players, so this one gets in. That is, apart for being a deadly accurate quick who is well accustomed to the one day format given his LIst A record.

Brian Statham

In cricketing folklore he is remembered primarily for his accuracy: "If they miss, I hit," he would say. This diminishes his astonishing skill. He was indeed accurate; so are many fast-medium bowlers. Statham kept his line and length at a very high pace indeed, comparable with all but the very fastest of Test match bowlers. A batsman hit by Statham - even on the foot, which was more likely than the head - knew all about it. In Statham's case the area around off stump was more a corridor of certainty than uncertainty, but if the ball hit the seam it jagged back in very sharply. The results were always formidable, and occasionally devasting.

He was certainly an impressive athlete: a beautiful outfielder and an occasionally effective left-handed tailender. His bowling quality was never in dispute. Nor was his character: he had an enchantingly easy-going temperament. "I only saw him lose his rag twice," said Pullar, his Lancashire and England team-mate. "Both times he was certain they had gloved a catch. One was Easton McMorris in the West Indies - he hit him on the chest and made him spit blood. The other was `Pom-Pom' Fellows-Smith, and he knocked his cap off." Even the accuracy seems to have been a reflection of his temperament: "I'm not going to run in 30 yards and watch a batsman shoulder arms," Statham once said. "It's a waste of energy."

AldoRaine18

State Vice-Captain
01. Jack Hobbs
03. Graeme Pollock
04. Neil Harvey
07. Baron Constantine
08. Jack Cowie
09. Brian Statham

AldoRaine18

State Vice-Captain
Vijay Hazare

01. Jack Hobbs