• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ATG Draft - Batting Averages - Voting

Best team?

• Total voters

WalkingWicket

State 12th Man
I thought that WalkingWicket would come close to getting the most votes, but in fact he has none.

Evans should be at No.7, Atapattu is out of his normal opening position, and Procter is one rung too high, but other than these trivialities his line-up has few flaws.

The top 3 batsman are brilliant (where it counts) and the attack is great: Ambrose - Procter - Lohmann - Kumble - Reid.

Butcher Is probably the weakest player, but he was still good enough to score 173* against McGrath - Gillespie - Lee - Warne. So importantly, the team has no unproven passengers.

Unlucky.
:down:

I always suspected that the batting line-up is just too short, and not talented enough to merit that. I mean, you manage to nip out Smith and Ponting, then you're well into the side and could easily roll them. I put Atapattu there because, frankly, I didn't know he was an opener, and Evans at 8 because Kumble has better stats. I guess that's wat you get for knowing ****-all about cricket before 2009.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I thought Butch was a bad player, my first memories were of him getting duck after duck. But the 173 against us and an earlier ton against the same attack do speak for themselves... though they were isolated incidents

Shady Slim

International Coach
the winner is easily Agent TBY - Odd Jobs XI! congratulations!

in second we have OverratedSanity's OS XI and third we have our B&B XI by harsh.ag.

Winning team:

TBY's Odd Jobs XI

1. WG Grace (7)
2. Hanif Mohammad
3. Frank Worrell*
4. Jacques Kallis (5)
5. Warwick Armstrong (6)
6. Michael Bevan
7. Ray Lindwall (1)
8. Wally Grout +
9. Clarrie Grimmett (4)
10. Glenn McGrath (2)