• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Pakistan and England in the UAE 2015/16

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Pakistan has been playing 4 bowlers for a while in TC with Azhar or YK bowling a few overs.
Ya that may be an option. Masood-Shehzad-Hafeez at top 3 will also provide some cushion to Younis-Misbah-Shafiq in the middle-order. If Malik playing means Shafiq batting at 3, I wouldn't want that.

smash84

The Tiger King
Not sure if it has not been paid off. Misbah threw a huge strop when Malik was not in the ODI squad a few years ago for the England series and he was then included and was absolutely awful. He was also picked ahead of Umar for the champions trophy in England which had to be a Misbah call, which backfired as well.

I understand Misbah wants an all rounder and an another offspinner, but look at Malik's test bowling numbers and they are awful, one thing taking wickets against Zimbabwe, but he will be owned by the likes of Root, Taylor and Cook.
Fair points but as you mention Misbah might already have paid off the debt.

Also Misbah is quite delighted to have Malik back in the squad. Can definitely be personal. I wouldn't rule it out given the nature of pakistan cricket.

Misbah delighted over Malik's return, warns England of spin riches - Sport - DAWN.COM

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
also im not going to look at his record in australia, but i always had a soft for malik because he seemd to score like 1 off 20 everytime i saw him bat over here. i remember him sucking, but i still liked him for some reason, we always get attached to random mediocre players. anyway its cool hes actually playing well now, i hope he has some unprecedented purple patch for his final few years as a cricketer and manages to average like 50 in tests or something ridiculous

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
also im not going to look at his record in australia, but i always had a soft for malik because he seemd to score like 1 off 20 everytime i saw him bat over here. i remember him sucking, but i still liked him for some reason, we always get attached to random mediocre players. anyway its cool hes actually playing well now, i hope he has some unprecedented purple patch for his final few years as a cricketer and manages to average like 50 in tests or something ridiculous
haha yeah, I do the same thing with some other players - particularly Pakistani for some reason.

I also like Nasir Jamshed and it's got nothing to do with his ATG twitter parody account.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
haha yeah, I do the same thing with some other players - particularly Pakistani for some reason.

I also like Nasir Jamshed and it's got nothing to do with his ATG twitter parody account.
me too, but its coz the first time i saw him bat he blasted like 97 and i assumed he was the next big thing lol

Niall

International Coach
Yasir Shah probably out of the first test, England absolute massive favorites now especially with Azhar defo out.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
It's incredible how Pakistan is hardly ever able to play their full strength team in a test series. I don't know if it's just plain bad luck or horrible management.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Just read on BBC that Ali is confirmed to open and Rashid confirmed to play. Finn injured.