• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Marc/Richard dispute thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I've decided to open up a dispute thread for Marc & Richard considering some of their debates seem to spill over into other non-relevant threads.
enjoy!

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Very tasteful there Tim :)

But I fear it's in vein, Marc and Richard's disputes usually start in a thread about the subject before Richard mentions his views and Marc decides to teach him a lesson and suddenly they've gone massively off topic and oh no my headisgoingtoexplode....

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Rik said:
But I fear it's in vein, Marc and Richard's disputes usually start in a thread about the subject before Richard mentions his views and Marc decides to teach him a lesson and suddenly they've gone massively off topic and oh no my headisgoingtoexplode....
But surely you can see the unusual slant in many of Richard's views too? Not that everything he says is wrong, but I certainly can't agree with most of it.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
To quote William Shakespeare:

"Still in thy right hand carry gentle peace"

I don't see the need for this thread as I don't see the other threads shifting so far off topic that other users can't have topical conversations around Marc's and Richard's private battle.

PY

International Coach
Just two people who have deeply contrasting views who are too stubborn to change.

I don't reckon it's impossible to post in between them!!

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
But surely you can see the unusual slant in many of Richard's views too? Not that everything he says is wrong, but I certainly can't agree with most of it.
I do, but I do see logic in them, even if it's on some wierd tangent. Being well known for similer "unusual" views by my friends, it would be wierd if I didn't root for Richard more. But, I also don't find the need to reply to every post to prove him wrong, or even right.

Armadillo

State Vice-Captain
Well personally I think that Marc makes a lot more sense than Richard, (who I dont think knows a whole lot about cricket) You should make a poll tim.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
No, we're not going to poll who everyone thinks is better than the other...this thread is just for Marc & Richard to keep their debates centralised!

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Armadillo said:
Well personally I think that Marc makes a lot more sense than Richard, (who I dont think knows a whole lot about cricket) You should make a poll tim.
Since this is on topic I might as well say it:

My views are that Marc spends a lot of the time arguing the same old arguements and rarely (in my eyes) has the evidence to back it up, often mentioning only parts of averages to play it to his advantage. The biggest problem is he cannot change his arguement and will argue it into the ground and blame it all on the other person for mentioning it in the 1st place.

On Richard, well yes his views are different but I do feel a lot of people pass them off as wrong without sitting down and thinking about them. Just because you don't agree with them doesn't mean you must start a personal vendetta against the poster to show that he has no clue.

Forgive and forget, learn to live with each other and remember, no one is right all the time so stop trying to pretend you are.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Neil Pickup said:
Whereas Richard nev...
The only instance I've seen him use that is with Ramprakash, which think is a very valid point because Ramprakash's opening experiment has in no way got anything to do with his generally poor record.

Apologies if I failed to see any other uses of averages by Richard, but then, I am out a lot.

twctopcat

International Regular
Hmmm,seems richard has an ally in rik, kindred spirits i think, though he would be the last one to admit it.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
You've missed all of Marc and Rik's, erm, "previous".

They're just like Gary Neville & Steve McManaman..

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't think Marc will like the comparison of a player from his most dis-liked football team Manure.

Status
Not open for further replies.