• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best/worst bets you've made on cricket

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I put 20 bucks on Smith to top score in the 2nd test. Was only the aussie cheering when Rogers got out for 173, and when Smith passed that number. It was great because there was no pressure on him when he was on that score, only me.

However I made a silly bet yesterday. I rate Smith and Root as good as each other, but it's obvious to anyone with a brain Root has been more consistent this series. Knowing this I still put 20 more on Smith to top score last night, and 25 on Warner to hedge my bets. As soon as I made them I thought ehhhh.. Root probably would have probably been safer money....:laugh:

I also put a fair bit of money on Kevin O'brien to top score for Ireland in a match once and for some reason he was paying 8 bucks. Easy money.

And another big win was on SA to score over 8 runs in the first over of a t20 match. Amla creamed two cuts to the boundary in the first couple of balls.

TheJammyTurtle

U19 Cricketer
UAE last year,had quite a bit on Pakistan to score over 374.5 runs on a dead pitch in Sharjah.Well day 1 ended,and Pakistan were 281/3.and I was almost counting the cash.But then, the Phil Hughes tragedy occured,and when the players came back the next day after the 2nd day had been postponed, their heads didn't seem in it and they were bowled out for 310-320 odd,Mark Craig taking a 7 for.I was gobsmacked,couldnt believe it.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
In 1976 I was annoyed that Mike Selvey had been chosen for the Old Trafford Test against the West Indies due to injuries to Snow, Ward, Willis and Arnold. I thought Peter Lee deserved a chance on his home ground. I bet my paper round money with a mate that Selvey wouldn't get a top order batsman out in the match. Inside 20 minutes he'd sent back Fredericks, Richards and Kallicharran. Then in the second innings he got Greenidge and Lloyd.

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
I lost $192 on the first Zimbabwe ODI. Bet it on the BCs at $1.06 after the first innings for an easy $12 or so.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
When I was about eight I was watching my Dad's team play - he was an occasional bowler but found himself on a hat trick - one of my mates bet me sixpence he wouldn't get the third, and I was happy to take it thinking I was safe on the basis the old man would be so chuffed he'd reimburse me the tanner in the unlikely event he managed the hat trick - well he did, and then he didn't - wasn't best pleased with the old bugger but he, for some reason, thought it was hilarious

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I won a KFC (yet to be claimed) from my brother thanks to this current Ashes series. I once lost an avatar for multiple years on England in the UAE though I think I was granted amnesty after a while. I've only ever bet money on cricket when at the ground tbh. I'm not much of a gambler.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I bet on Ireland to beat Pakistan in that famous WC match. Told everyone on here it was going to happen as well. I've had bigger wins since, but $50 at 15.00 was huge for me at the time and it kicked off my semi-professional sports betting career, really.

I'll also always remember this from just after I turned 18:
Put your money on......
This was for really superstitious reasons but I called it, backed it and won. My first sizeable win, I think.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I bet on Ireland to beat Pakistan in that famous WC match. Told everyone on here it was going to happen as well. I've had bigger wins since, but $50 at 15.00 was huge for me at the time and it kicked off my semi-professional sports betting career, really.

Put your money on......
This was for really superstitious reasons but I called it, backed it and won. My first sizeable win, I think.
Your bet on Ireland winning that game was stupid and you were foolish to place it. I know this because someone on CW said so

one like for the first person who guesses who

IKWT

Cricket Spectator
After the South Africa v NZ WC warmup game I put $100 on Boult to be the top wicket taker in the WC at 30:1.

I hedged my bet coming into the final by putting money on Starc (to take 3+ wickets or something), so I ended up making a profit of ~$2k

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT

Put your money on......
Just read through that thread. You're a ****ing idiot.

Howe_zat

Audio File

Put your money on......
Why is everyone banned?