• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best/worst bets you've made on cricket

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Australia to win the ODI tri-series in 06/07. Bugger all odds and they lost 2-0 to England in the finals. Definition wahhhhhh

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bet that SA would win after day 2 of Melbourne 2008 vs Aus. They were something like 190/7 and still trailing by 200. Odds were insane and I made plenty.

ajdude

International Coach
$5 on maxwell to score most runs for australia in last year's world t20 at $12. was leading going into the last match against bangladesh, finch overtook him but should've been given out caught behind before he overtook him. ****ing dharmasena cost me $60

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Your bet on Ireland winning that game was stupid and you were foolish to place it. I know this because someone on CW said so

one like for the first person who guesses who
This like as yet unclaimed ftr

Challis

U19 12th Man
1st Test: Bangladesh v West Indies at Chittagong, Oct 21-25, 2011 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

At stumps day one, spotted that William Hill were offering a 1st innings only Shakib vs Mushfiqur Batsman match, with odds of 2.2 for Mushfiq even though Shakib was out on 40 and Mushy 68*. Convinced that WH would notice this glitch and with only having £35 in my account, I bet it all expecting the bet to be voided. However bet was accepted, so I then decided to deposit £100 into my account hoping it was small enough so that no one would notice. Again it was accepted.
I decided I shouldn't make a larger bet because it would be too suspicious given that my previous largest bet was only £20 or so. But I couldn't stop myself and foolishly deposited £1000 more and tried placing a bet. Unsurprisingly this bet was not automatically accepted, instead there was a message stating that the bet had to be checked by a manager or something.
At this point I was berating myself for being greedy and losing out on a tidy sum :wallbash:
But then a message popped up stating something like they would only allow a maximum bet of £827.50, I had to read it twice before snap-clicking the place bet button. I took some print screens of the bet receipt and started reading the bet policy rules, disappointingly finding out that these bets would most likely be voided once a competent person noticed that the event had already taken place.
The next couple of days were agonising as there was no play on days 2 and 3 due to rain (surprise surprise).
Play finally restarted Day 4, Mushy was out on the first ball he faced. I sheepishly checked my account, saw that the balance was over £2000, refreshed the page and double-checked, roared YESSSS!!! whilst doing a fist pump, then composed myself before frantically withdrawing it all.

Last edited:

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
jesus thats lucky. Do you think they'd have taken it off you if you didn't withdrawl it quick enough?

Challis

U19 12th Man
f**k knows, I certainly wasn't gonna wait and find out, :D

I also had a small bet on England winning this Ashes, thought the odds were too good considering the Aussies record in recent Ashes held in England.

Burner

International Regular
I also exploited a glitch before the beginning of the ashes. Apparently, because of this weird glitch the site was offering odds of 1.7 for England winning or maybe it was because they thought Aus stood a chance, I don't know... Either way, easy money, suckers!

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Challis is winning the thread so far, that's so foolish by William hill, I bet hardly anyone else noticed or it would have raised suspicion.

My Chris Martin will score a Test match 10 is my best bet! Nah it isn't really but for someone who loves cricket and loves to bet, I'd say that only about 1% of my total bets are on the sport. I don't have any amazing wins or losses that I can think of, I do like looking for value bets for highest team runscorer on ordinary teams though and won some cash on Afghanistan's Shenwari during the Cup.

Which format is everyone's favorite to bet on?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I remember a similar glitch a few years ago for a Scotland vs Australia rugby international where the odds were switched round so I obviously loaded up on Australia only for Scotland to win 9-8 when Matt ****ing Giteau missed a conversion with the last kick of the game.