• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Sri Lanka 2015

Moss

International Vice-Captain
A friend and I are planning to fly down from Chennai and attend days 2,3,4 and 5 of the Galle test (assuming it goes that far). Have been looking out for tickets online, so far only the Municipality First Floor tickets appear to be on sale.

Not too sure how good the viewing experience in stand this is, and whether it's worth buying the tickets right away. Are we better off landing up at the stadium and buying tickets there? What are our other options in terms of seating/prices? Do unleash your suggestions..

(Apologies if this is not completely on topic. )

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Given how desperate Shastri and Kohli seem to be to get Rohit in at 3, I won't be surprised at all to see Pujara open.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm actually not a big fan of Pujara opening, but at this point I'd just be happy to have him in the team, they probably won't pick him though regardless.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
A friend and I are planning to fly down from Chennai and attend days 2,3,4 and 5 of the Galle test (assuming it goes that far). Have been looking out for tickets online, so far only the Municipality First Floor tickets appear to be on sale.

Not too sure how good the viewing experience in stand this is, and whether it's worth buying the tickets right away. Are we better off landing up at the stadium and buying tickets there? What are our other options in terms of seating/prices? Do unleash your suggestions..

(Apologies if this is not completely on topic. )
The Sri Lankan community here is minuscule unfortunately. Hope Maximarse or viriya see this

OverratedSanity

This India top order are going to be tough to dismiss, Matthews will bowl a lot in the tests unfortunately for SL.
We do have some issues against spin, though. Kohli and Dhawan play with pretty hard hands and Rahane looks on edge anytime spinners come on.

Yeah, great read. Just found it odd that the writer claimed Mathews to be a superior Test bat than Kohli and only offered their records in England as proof.
Heh yeah that wasn't biased at all. :p

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Can we get this thread stickied btw? Had to go all the way to the second page to find this lol.

OverratedSanity

Predictions:

Result: SL 2-0
Highest runscorer: Sangakkara
Highest wickettaker: Tharindu Kaushal
Biggest disappointment: Virat Kohli
Biggest surprise: KL Rahul

Also Dhammika Prasad will be fun to watch no matter what happens.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
I honestly have very little knowledge of SL cricketers in recent times, same goes for their pitches, Galle is usually good, SSC is generally flat and PSS is also usually good. So many unkowns will make this an interesting series to follow, but I'm highly optimistic of India's chances now that they've realized they need 5 bowlers (although moreso in Eng/Aus/SA/NZ than SL but it's a start).

Then again Rohit Sharma is in the team and Pujara is not, so ugh... maybe I shouldn't be THAT optimistic ;P

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
5 bowlers wouldn't have made a squat of difference in Aus or England imo.
Would have swapped Rohit Sharma out for Ashwin or Jadeja in the games they didn't play in a heartbeat, and this is something I've said since end of SA tour so it's not even like I'm saying this now that Rohit failed. If our bowlers didn't consistently run out of gas we would have won a few of the tests that we drew/lost. I'm absolutely convinced of that.