• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Sri Lanka 2015

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ashwin WAFG! We could've bowled them out for way less if Ashwin had started after lunch and Saha wasn't a ****. Regardless, amazing stuff to get them out this cheaply after losig the toss. Need to pile them on now. Innings win or bust.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Hilarious that we got them for 182 in the first innings and yet we have a bowler who conceded 68 runs in 11 overs within that.

TheJammyTurtle

U19 Cricketer
Big fan of Varun Aaron,but hard to consistently defend him when he goes for so many runs without wickets.

Last edited:

indiaholic

International Captain
Wondering whether the bowling changes were to justify the 5 bowler strategy.. I don't understand it's utility when you are playing two spinners.

OverratedSanity

Wondering whether the bowling changes were to justify the 5 bowler strategy.. I don't understand it's utility when you are playing two spinners.
I've always said 5 bowlers will do nothing for India, since our fifth bowler will be **** anyway. People forget that our bowlers got tired after bowling ****. They didn't start bowling **** after getting tired.

91Jmay

International Coach
How does that shunt Thirimanne continually get picked. Averaging 25 in 20 Tests and he is number 3? Jesus.

To give full context, he averages 20 in 19 tests against teams who aren't Bangladesh.

Last edited:

indiaholic

International Captain
I've always said 5 bowlers will do nothing for India, since our fifth bowler will be **** anyway. People forget that our bowlers got tired after bowling ****. They didn't start bowling **** after getting tired.
Yeah doesn't really compute. I think Shastri saw that Mitch bowled well in 4-5 over spells and somehow concluded that Umesh and Aaron were part of the same breed?

viriya

International Captain
Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you, the new Sri Lanka.

The NBA season can't start soon enough.

indiaholic

International Captain
@Viriya Hey look at the bright side, you can look forward to 7 years of awesome back to the walls innings from Mathews.

Daemon

Yeah doesn't really compute. I think Shastri saw that Mitch bowled well in 4-5 over spells and somehow concluded that Umesh and Aaron were part of the same breed?
5 bowlers wouldn't have hurt in the tests we could have won in SA and NZ.

OverratedSanity

5 bowlers wouldn't have hurt in the tests we could have won in SA and NZ.
I dunno. In SA Dhoni kept bowling Zaheer till he broke anyway. Didn't even give Shami enough overs to get tired. Don't think a 5th would've helped in making Dhoni less stupid with bowler rotation.