• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Shots fired at Akram's car

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Wow, I knew some "people" there didn't like him on account of his liberal attitude, including towards imparting his wisdom to other countries' bowlers.

And no one's touring this place. For a long time.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Wow, I knew some "people" there didn't like him on account of his liberal attitude, including towards imparting his wisdom to other countries' bowlers.

And no one's touring this place. For a long time.
Has nothing to do with.him being liberal Wasim is very tight with imran whose in direct confrontation with MQM which controls karachi with its mafia style politics.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
:(

60 minutes here in Australia interviewed Imran. Was a good segment. Kept going on about how he could be assassinated at any time. First instinct is that its hyperbole, but then...

Xuhaib

International Coach
Unfortunatley was in karachi for a month long fast bowling camp some talented bowlers will now miss out on some great coaching advice

Fusion

Global Moderator
Glad he's safe. I think it's way too early to speculate about motive. Him being an Imran supporter is not that big a deal in Karachi. So is Javed Miandad, who actually lives in Karachi and hasn't been targeted. Any number of reasons could have caused this, including road rage for all we know.

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
Bullet hits Wasim Akram's car after traffic accident spat - Sport - DAWN.COM

“It was a minor accident, I asked the driver of the car to stop but he accelerated at which I got a bit frustrated and chased that car,” said Akram while addressing a press conference later at the National Stadium. The driver of that car hit my car and blocked my way. A person stepped out from the back seat holding a gun and pointed it at me.
Wasim ain't going down chasing any other cars any time in the near future.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
ThisThis can so happen to me. I drive around cursing moronic drivers everyday :mellow:

Last edited:

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't know what to say. I was speechless last night. What can I say about a nation that wants to shoot Wasim Akram? There is something seriously seriously ****ed up with this country.

Cricket for me started with Wasim Akram. I copied everything about him, not least his bowling action. He was for me the greatest bowler EVER...In my adulthood, that changed to hurt, shock, pain and anger at Wasim Akram...This incident reminded me just how much I still love Wasim Akram.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
I don't know what to say. I was speechless last night. What can I say about a nation that wants to shoot Wasim Akram? There is something seriously seriously ****ed up with this country.

Cricket for me started with Wasim Akram. I copied everything about him, not least his bowling action. He was for me the greatest bowler EVER...In my adulthood, that changed to hurt, shock, pain and anger at Wasim Akram...This incident reminded me just how much I still love Wasim Akram.
From the reports, he wasn't targeted, it was road rage. The bigger problem is Pakistanis carrying weapons and using them for minor things like that.