• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Modern New Zealand XI (dayboo post 1980) 4th poll: The batting usually starts here

Pick three batsmen to bat 3-5

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
This poll has to end with KW, Crowe and Taylor. To me the only real question is whether Taylor or Crowe at 4.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
After Crowe and KW put on 400 for the 3rd wicket I'm sure Ross would enjoy coming in and playing with an air of freedom.

Alternatively if we're somehow 3-not many he'd be a good nut at 5 to pull out a Sri Lanka-esque innings.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
After Crowe and KW put on 400 for the 3rd wicket I'm sure Ross would enjoy coming in and playing with an air of freedom.

Alternatively if we're somehow 3-not many he'd be a good nut at 5 to pull out a Sri Lanka-esque innings.
A wonderful conversation would be who is the better uphill skier out of Crowe and Taylor. Both were phenomenal at repair jobs.

I actually think Crowe would be better at walking out at 200-2 than Taylor. Ross never mastered downhill skiing.

Flametree

International 12th Man
Lou Vincent was a pretty gun number 4 :ph34r:
I assume the eyes mean this is a joke but I always felt a bit sorry for Vincent - he was clearly a better number 3 or lower order batsman than he was an opener, but he had to play over half his matches as an opener. I think he scored that big score against Sri Lanka at number 4, and then he played his next innings as an opener again...

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I assume the eyes mean this is a joke but I always felt a bit sorry for Vincent - he was clearly a better number 3 or lower order batsman than he was an opener, but he had to play over half his matches as an opener. I think he scored that big score against Sri Lanka at number 4, and then he played his next innings as an opener again...
Not a joke so much as blatantly upping one of my favourite batsman (due to his debut ton vs Aus). He was always a middle order player - scored 224 then was asked to open again and iirc still scored 94 or something, then spoke his mind about being a middle order player unhappy with being made to open, and was dropped for a long time.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Blasphemy I know but I'm not picking Kane yet. I'm almost sure I will by the time he retires but if he retired right now I wouldn't, and I'm not going to be speculative.
Just do it you wet sock, do not deny this man's glory.