• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Modern New Zealand XI (dayboo post 1980) Third poll: Twirlies

Choose your spinner, or choose no spinner

• John Bracewell

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mark Craig

• Whatever the hell Baz bowled in the UAE

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Flem274*

123/5
Choose a spinner, or not. Your call.

Suck it Jeets lovers.

Poll is multiple choice so you can vote for your favourite filth bowler. Don't be a dick and vote for two main spinners or a spinner and no spinner. I realise I am asking a lot of our mature and straight faced forumeers but I feel good about humanity today.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
What's the point of even having this thread? It'd be like having an all time Aus thread for the number 3 spot. Yeah you'll have a couple of hipster contrarian dicks who'll deliberately go against the grain by picking Matt Hart or some **** like that, but we all know there's only one answer.

Flem274*

123/5
What's the point of even having this thread? It'd be like having an all time Aus thread for the number 3 spot. Yeah you'll have a couple of hipster contrarian dicks who'll deliberately go against the grain by picking Matt Hart or some **** like that, but we all know there's only one answer.
worth it for this post and the action it describes alone tbh

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Went for Bracewell largely because over the 7 years I watched Dan he bowled what is known in the trade as phantom spin. People just got out playing for spin that wasn't there. Bracewell actually turned it and was good.

Yes Dan was deceptive through the air but meh.

If you offered me the young Dan who I have seen footage of I would cut off my right arm to have him.

I like how Mark Craig is an option and Jeets is not, despite the CW debate surrounding that issue.

Guptill as an allrounder is a rather amusing option.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I'm surprised Flem didn't add KW given that he reckons he's a dead cert for 200 test wickets.

I'm surprised Flem didn't add KW given that he reckons he's a dead cert for 200 test wickets.
Ha. Not sure that he will play enough tests or bowl enough, but I do not think 100 is beyond the realms of possibility. He is still only 24, and has 27 wickets.

Flem274*

123/5
if he keeps being used and being as funny as he has then he'll accumulate 100 imo. all going well (ha) he has a very long career still ahead of him.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I think given there won't be any discussion in this thread, I will see if I can go through my back catalogue of Bruce Edgar action photos and see if I have any good ones to share.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
there will be plenty if we can get TH or bagapath in. any dan hater really.
It takes two to tango, and given no one cared about my post where I basically made TH's argument for him - I think I would probably post the next discussion topic up post haste.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
John Bracewell bowled some match-winning spells but this is a pretty easy one
Obviously you are right, especially when you consider his early years. Didn't stop me from trying to create a debate though. I would though in all earnestness take bracewell over the bowler I saw in tests in the last 7 years.
For odis dan was simply incredible. Nathan Hauritz studied footage of dan and went from poor to very good over night.

bagapath

International Captain
Dan was extremely deceptive
Looked like a good bowler but was certainly not
Those specs kind of confused everyone