• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Final Position in the ATG English XI (for the modern age!)

Final member of the XI

• Total voters

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Having a laugh with this one.
No, quite serious. I only said slightly worse. NZ with the better pace attack, England with the better spinner.

Shane Bond > James Anderson
Trent Boult > Darren Gough
Dion Nash > Stuart Broad
Daniel Vettori < Graeme Swann
Chris Cairns = Andrew Flintoff

Last edited:

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
No, quite serious. I only said slightly worse. NZ with the better pace attack, England with the better spinner.

Shane Bond > James Anderson
Trent Boult > Darren Gough
Dion Nash > Stuart Broad
Daniel Vettori < Graeme Swann
Chris Cairns = Andrew Flintoff
Boult and Nash aren't better than Gough and Broad for me. But it depends I guess.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Boult and Nash aren't better than Gough and Broad for me. But it depends I guess.
Boult is 2nd only* to Steyn amongst bowlers at the mo. That's almost like being 2nd to Bradman. Nash-Broad is closer but I picked Nash as he is a better change bowler (Broad is an opening bowler picked as a first change) and my NZ attack has 2 openers plus Cairns. If I wanted another opening bowler (which I didn't) I would've gone for Southee.

*Since Ryan Harris has retired

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
Broad is better than Nash by a decent gap but Cairns alone is a better bowler than anyone England have except Anderson.

ImpatientLime

International Regular
cook
stewart
trott
pietersen
thorpe
flintoff
prior
swann
gough
anderson
fraser

how the **** has no one mentioned angus fraser yet? jesus.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Trott not being voted in the XI is ****ing stupid but I have to vote Broad given the team balance that exists.