• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Poll 6: Middle order batsmen for he ATG English XI from the modern age

Choose THREE middle order batsmen for the XI

• Total voters

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Stewart
Cook
~
~
~
Flintoff
Prior
~
Swann
Gough
Anderson

^current team. flintoff bats ahead of prior right? or no?

Teja.

Global Moderator
Prior should bat ahead IMO. He's a more stable batsman and who'd you rather have in a crisis.

mr_mister

well they might end up 7 or 8 depending on who wins the final poll tomorrow. lot of decent bats here, but i decided to throw in a few FC legends who weren't as good in tests because well i love them

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Thorpe, KP, Root.

Shows how shocking Bell has been in the last few tears that Root is beating him handily. And rightly so.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Why are people voting for Root ahead of people with full careers? Confused.

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

Why are people voting for Root ahead of Smith? Confused.
I hesitated a little but sometimes you just look at how a batsman is doing currently and you just know he's going to be very good. That's happened with Root for me. It's been a short career but he's already had a better prolonged run of form than any englishman in ages.

Done most of his scoring at home, admittedly but he's done it against some very good attacks. I'm he's already transitioned from "potentially awesome" to actually awesome.

mr_mister

hypothetical: ramprakash gets picked for the fifth test during 09 ashes and scores a ton. best feel good moment in the history of cricket?

harsh.ag

Going to change my vote from Root, because a number 3 is needed. None of Thorpe, KP, and Root are number 3s, and neither is Robin Smith. Going with Trott.

Zinzan

Feel a little guilty selecting Root over Bell. Wouldn't have done so 12 months ago, but feel Root has shown enough promise to go along side his impressive career record to date.

Bell was one of my favourites going around 4-5 years ago.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
KP for his strength, fluency & innovation.
Root, who has the potential to one day become the #1 batsman in the world & captain England
And finally Trott, who narrowly pips Thorpe & Hussain for the vote.

mr_mister

that final spot poll will be interesting.

itl be out of bell/trott/broad/fraser me thinks, assuming trescothick doesnt overrtake alec stewart