• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

the having to lose to win draft

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Here at CW it is safe to say we are obsessed with All Time Great discussion and we are constantly discussing whoever is the best at a particular thing. Being the best at something seems like the ultimate but I think we should celebrate not finishing first too..

Like why aren't more people excited by my 5th placed showing in the 200 metres at my year 6 sports Carnival? How come no one cares that Lokomotiv was fourth in the recent FIFA president election? So with that mind, the aim for this draft is to have the sixth best team.

The rules are simple.
- You can only pick Test Cricketers
- 12 hour time limit, if you don't pick, whoever works out that the drafter has not picked in 12 hours, can pick a player for them.
- 11 rounds in total, the last round you will be required to email me your selection. I'll post an email address closer to the end.
- Try and have the sixth best team out of all draftees.
- No dogwalker
- Once the first pick is made, no more entries - looking to start this in around 24 hours if we get more than 5 :laugh: participants.

Last edited:

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
so the worst team? or just a middle of the road. heavy emphasis on six..

anyway sign me up!

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wait so in the vote does the team with the most votes win or the one with the least votes? Do people vote for the worst team or the least worst?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I'm hoping for the usual 12-14 participants but don't mind more.. I declare the winner. I will rank the teams from best to worst and the team who has the sixth best team is the CHAMPION OF THE WORLD*

*they may or may not actually be world champs, but they will win a draft and I will say they won.

dogwalker

U19 Captain
Here is my team, will email the last member when required

Harold Larwood
Boeta Dippenaar
Brian Lara
Bryan Habana
Bryan Adams
Daryl Cullinan
Shane Warne
Damien Martyn
Darren Gough
Heath Streak

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Is there a rule that you have to play cricketers at sensible positions? Otherwise I'd play Courtney Walsh and Chris Martin as opening batsmen.