• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Wicket Keeper for ATG English XI from the modern age

Choose ONE wicket keeper for the XI

• Total voters

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
choose 1 option. I didn't use any real criteria for the options, just people I think actually have a chance of qualifying for the team.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
i only made the votes public so people choose exactly 3 and exactly 2 for the batsmen and bowler rounds etc

Teja.

Global Moderator
A consideration is that Stewart averages 35 with the gloves and 47 without and 46 over 51 tests as an opener when not keeper.

Stewart underrated as a pure opener IMO, particularly considering he spent a huge chunk of his career opening in the 90s in England.

Will go for Prior here.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Big fan of Stewart's batting, but Prior was world class for quite a while as well. Shame he had such a shocking decline with both bat and gloves, but I'll still go with him.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Prior. Stewart kept it going for longer, and Russell's keeping is arguably the best of all players debuting post-1980 or something, but Prior's peak was Gilchrist-esque.