• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Poll 6: Playing Selector: All rounder for the AT subcontinental XI

All rounder for subcontinental XI

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bagapath

International Captain
However obvious this one is, this poll has to be conducted so that the next, and last, poll becomes meaningful.

Here we go.... choose the all rounder for the AT subcontinental XI.

And, as always, you can also choose to vote for anyone not listed in here.

bagapath

International Captain
for my money Mr Niazi should have been the first name on the team sheet as a strike bowler. I voted for him in the opening bowlers' poll. Will vote again if he loses this poll (theoretically) and is available as an option for the last bowler's poll. Kapil Dev will make it to this team only as an all rounder. I am voting for him here. Doesn't mean I consider him, or anyone else, to be superior to I K. I think Niazi is already in my team. I am following that logic if it makes sense at all.

both IK and KD should make the final XI.
KD is a 4th opening bowler where Murali is the spinner. In my opinon, KD is luggage in this team that the batsmen have to carry. He will never see the new ball ahead of Waqar, Wasim and Imran. I would go with Mushtaq Mohammad, Sanath Jayaruiya or Shakib if a 5th bowler is so demanded especially as it is an Asian XI, but personally I would rather see Younis Khan bat at 6.

Last edited:

G.I.Joe

International Coach
WTF does one player get listed as IK Niazi and the other not get listed as KD Nikhanj?

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
KD is a 4th opening bowler where Murali is the spinner. In my opinon, KD is luggage in this team that the batsmen have to carry. He will never see the new ball ahead of Waqar, Wasim and Imran. I would go with Mushtaq Mohammad, Sanath Jayaruiya or Shakib if a 5th bowler is so demanded especially as it is an Asian XI, but personally I would rather see Younis Khan bat at 6.
Agree with the first half of the post. I will give the 5th bowler spot to Vinoo Mankad.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I'm placing my vote for Mudassar Nazar on the basis that Imran Khan is not an all-rounder and Kapil Dev looks too much like Ken Dodd.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Oops sorry, please change my vote. Voted for Kapil only because I didn't understand at first glance who this Niazi guy is :p