• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Poll 5a:Playing Selector:Sub poll: Where does Sanga bat for the AT subcontinental XI?

Who bats at no.3 for the AT subcontinental XI?

• Sanga WK + no 3. Dravid out of team. Not to be considered for no. 6.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sanga WK + no 3. Dravid is an option for no 6 poll. To be considered again with other contenders.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bagapath

International Captain
Sehwag &
Gavaskar

will open the batting

Tendulkar at 4 and
Miandad at 5

will form the backbone of the middle order.

Imran is sure to come in as all rounder

Akram
Murali
&
Younis

will form the core of the bowling attack

Dravid is in as one of the top choices for the middle order.
Sanga is also in the team as first choice wicket keeper/ batsman.

Both were excellent no.3s.

So how do we decide the batting order before we go in for the allrounder and fourth bowler polls?

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
See no problem with Dravid at 3 and Sanga at 5. Dravid will be a rock at the top if Sehwag fails and Sanga can be an aggressive mofo when he wants to, in a way Dravid probably can't so with Miandad at 5 and Imran at 7, it makes sense to have a free scoring strokemaker at 6.

Anyway, if we do want to kick someone out of the team to have Sanga in at 3, kick out Miandad. Dravid clearly won the poll ahead of him.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I used *whispers quietly and insert embarrassed smiley* statsguru out of curiosity to see how often Tendulkar had batted at 3 and the answer seems to be never. I knew it wasn't going to be very many but I thought he might have sneaked in on the odd occasion.

bagapath

International Captain
I used *whispers quietly and insert embarrassed smiley* statsguru out of curiosity to see how often Tendulkar had batted at 3 and the answer seems to be never. I knew it wasn't going to be very many but I thought he might have sneaked in on the odd occasion.
Hahaha. I am happy to admit that Statguru is my permanent address these days, and will remain so for another six months at least. (yes. someone is paying me for this)

smash84

The Tiger King
I guess you could use Miandad for purposes such as irritating the crap out of the opposition. I can see miandad sledging Bradman :laugh:

kingkallis

International Coach
If Dravid has more votes than Miandad in the Voting then Dravid should bat at No.3 and Sangakkara can bat at No.5 but thats one hell of an odd looking batting line up.

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
I'd rather have the better batsman at his preferred position. So,

Gavaskar
Sehwag
Sangakkara
Tendulkar
Dravid/Miandad in whatever order.

Last edited: