• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What's more likely?Smith averaging more than Bradmans 99;94 or Lyon beating a Swann..

Which is more likely?

• Total voters

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What's more likely? Smith averaging more than Bradman's 99;94 or Lyon beating Swann's efforts by retiring BEFORE the 3rd test starts?

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I think that unless someone can solve Smith's tactic of walking across his stumps he is at a minimum going to have the second highest average ever. Thread not as crazy as it seems.

Debris

International 12th Man
Nah Anderson has an outstanding inswinger and he couldn't do ****.
Anderson looks to be suffering the same fate as Shaun Pollock. It does not matter how much skill you have, there is a minimum pace require to be effective and he looks to be dropping below it. I hope for his sake that it is just a temporary thing.

Is Rahat Ali the best left arm seam bowler Smith has faced?

*He probably faced Mohammad Amir for a few deliveries back in 2010.

Last edited:

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think Lyon would do well to retire now - if he did he'll always be "better than Bradman" as his average is 34.16, whereas the Don's is 36