• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Poll 1: Playing selector: WK for the AT subcontinental XI

WK for AT subcontinental XI

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

smash84

The Tiger King
Yeah but if Sanga never keeps, he doesn't perfect picking the off-spinner/doosra/top-spinner from Murali's hand, and thus ends up averaging 22 against Ajmal and becomes his bunny.
I don't think he would become any Pakistan bowler's bunny. He's just a beast against us and right from the end days of the Ws

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Vinoo Mankad not making any XIs sucks. My five men attack will be Imran, Akram, Waqar, Murali, Mankad.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Happened for 42 Tests = cannot possibly happen, apparently

Do you normally wait for a player to play for more than 8 years before you admit they've played?
Yeah and what was his average during that time period? I don't believe that Sanga can be as good as a batsmen if he has to keep, that's my personal opinion, and also I don't rate Sanga the batsmen as highly as some of the others here do (gloves or no gloves). So if you are picking an ATXI I'd want someone who can keep primarily and then bat, this is obviously a hypothetical exercise but I would imagine this team playing against say an ATXI of non-subcontinent teams, you don't want your wicketkeeper being tired and then having to drop catches/miss stumpings in the actual match.

Besides I don't see a problem with Sanga at 6, I mean you've got Imran, Kapil and Wasim to hang around for you. And then there's Murali @ 11 who can come up to congratulate Sanga when he reaches 100, running himself out in the process of course.....

Last edited: