• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ICC Best-Ever Test Championship Rating Draft - VOTING THREAD

Please vote for your 3 favourite and strongest Test teams

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

watson

Banned
If I were able to get the following team up, then it probably would have done quite well.

01. Geoff Boycott (764)
02. Barry Richards (586)
03. Stan McCabe (854)
04. Sachin Tendulkar (898)
05. Clive Lloyd (818)
06. Frank Woolley (701)
07. Mike Procter (672)
08. Malcolm Marshall (910)
09. Don Tallon (230)
10. Wasim Akram (830)
11. Abdul Qadir (710)

Points used = 7973
Unused = 2

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Thanks for running this watson it's been great!

Feel as though Honest Hunks were deserving of at least a vote (especially since I got one). Perhaps suffers from a bit of ??? who is that player ??? as I hadn't heard of Collins, Mead or Rae before seeing the team, but after Googling I think there's a very good team there especially when you consider Sobers, Davidson, Thomson, Ames, Houghton and Nazar. And Taylor is starting to capitalise on whatever potential we thought he might have going back the the last decade. Shah the only ?? pick there for mine.

watson

Banned

Feel as though Honest Hunks were deserving of at least a vote (especially since I got one). Perhaps suffers from a bit of ??? who is that player ??? as I hadn't heard of Collins, Mead or Rae before seeing the team, but after Googling I think there's a very good team there especially when you consider Sobers, Davidson, Thomson, Ames, Houghton and Nazar. And Taylor is starting to capitalise on whatever potential we thought he might have going back the the last decade. Shah the only ?? pick there for mine.
No probs NZTailender, pleasure.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!

Thanks a lot for the kind words mate... I still think Yasir will be a very very good leg spinner across conditions... And that is why I picked him, as I felt he was dirt cheap and real value for money with his 680 odd highest rating... I felt like I had an outstanding bowling attack for all conditions tbh... I agree that almost all other teams were better mainly because the players were less unknown to the majority. But that is the beauty of participating in such drafts. Even I got to learn about a quite a few of the guys I Picked (and a few that I didn't) only due to the draft.. Congrats to all participants and especially Harsh and the top 3.. And many many thanks for running a great draft, Watson.. Too bad you share the name with Twatto.. :p

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Thanks a lot for the kind words mate... I still think Yasir will be a very very good leg spinner across conditions... And that is why I picked him, as I felt he was dirt cheap and real value for money with his 680 odd highest rating... I felt like I had an outstanding bowling attack for all conditions tbh... I agree that almost all other teams were better mainly because the players were less unknown to the majority. But that is the beauty of participating in such drafts. Even I got to learn about a quite a few of the guys I Picked (and a few that I didn't) only due to the draft.. Congrats to all participants and especially Harsh and the top 3.. And many many thanks for running a great draft, Watson.. Too bad you share the name with Twatto.. :p
Yeah I don't mean Yasir is a bad pick per se - I had the same reasoning for picking Henry in that I think he'll be gun plus he was a steal allowing for other, weightier picks.

I feel as though your attack would be like facing a relentless barrage that would exhaust you; as someone being in the bowlers camp I personally love that.