• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ATG 'Mixed Nations' ODI XI - Draft

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Thought I'd make a new topic so it's neat and tidy and visible to everyone. I think it was clearly established in the sign up topic the rules, but just in case:

Rules, which I think are the standard for these things(remember I'm new!)

*Each XI must consist of players from 11 different countries. The 10 test playing nations must be represented plus anybody from any associate nation for the 11th option.

*For players who's nationality is up for debate, use common sense. Whichever country they represented most at International level will be their eligible country. Morgan is English, Joyce is Irish, Cooper is Dutch for the sake of this draft.

*Minimum 20 ODI matches played

*Once a player from a country has been chosen during round, that country is locked until the next round. Associates count as one nation eg- Picking an Irishman locks up Kenya too. This is based on the majority decision. Sorry to the poster who objected to this idea.

*12 hours to pick before the next person gets a shot. Because of timezones and stuff and the fact I didn't give a starting time, I'll give the very first choice of round 1 twenty four hours in case he/she is in bed right now and doesn't see this in time. But from then on, it's 12 hours.

*For fairness sake, only the first round is randomised. Then it's a "rolling order" so everyone gets a go at 1st choice and everyone a go at last choice.

I used a list randomiser to make the order. 11 names were written up and this is what random.org spat back at me.

Round 1 order:

NZTailender
Coronis
Walkingwicket
AndyZaltHair
morgieb
schearzie
Zinzan
Red Hill
King Kallis
mr_mister
Overrated Sanity
Timestamp: 2015-07-18 11:39:54 UTC

Round 2 order:

Overrated Sanity
NZTailender
Coronis
Walkingwicket
AndyZaltHair
morgieb
schearzie
Zinzan
Red Hill
King Kallis
mr_mister

NZTailender, you're up!

Let's 'a play!

glhf

mr_mister

new rule: everyone gets 24 hours in the first round. It's unfair I started this so abruptly without some people even realising it was going ahead. Coronis has til midnight essentially

mr_mister

yeah it'l also help the mixed XP thread gain further steam on this. We have 11 and that has 15 so there's a chance this'l catch up to it in the later rounds which would be annoying

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
What? Shouldnt Coronis and WW be picking Bangladesh players?

Edit nevermind. Those countries are LOCKED, read it wrong, carry on

Last edited:

mr_mister

yeah i tinkered with the rules a bit to accommodate other people's ideas. I think we've got a pretty good system set up... except for round 11 I just realised the order is irrelevant, everyone will be limited to one country each for their final player so it doesn't matter who picks first and last. Would this mean a random/reverse, random/reverse order would be fairer? Or should I just stick with this.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
yeah i tinkered with the rules a bit to accommodate other people's ideas. I think we've got a pretty good system set up... except for round 11 I just realised the order is irrelevant, everyone will be limited to one country each for their final player so it doesn't matter who picks first and last. Would this mean a random/reverse, random/reverse order would be fairer? Or should I just stick with this.
For the last round? If everyone only needs 1 player left to choose from 1 country each then it should just be a free for all round really, in terms of when to choose.

mr_mister

morgieb > schearzie > Zinzan

Countries still unlocked this round:

Australia
England
India
New Zealand
Sri Lanka
South Africa
West Indies

mr_mister