• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Players who were a bit similar in the way they played.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Kumble and Ashwin only in their approach towards bowling ("I can see myself in Ashwin." - Kumble)

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Always thought there was quite a bit of similarity in Lilee and Hadlee's actions, particularly the way their bowling arms came down at the point of delivery.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Always thought there was quite a bit of similarity in Lilee and Hadlee's actions, particularly the way their bowling arms came down at the point of delivery.
well this is a good point but I am only giving you a $2 in CW vouchers for it because the relationship between the two of them is so well documented. Any bowling action similarities will not be by chance.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Supporting Bangers has made you weird
Why is he being given grief for this. This was a very popular opinion around the year 2000/2001

Everywhere I went expat Indians would accost me, even if I was on the other side of the street, and would force into the conversation even if I pretended I knew nothing about cricket the story of Sehwag and Tendulkar.
Around that time Tendulkar was a demi god. So it was with much excitement that people would tell me there was a new player called Sehwag who had modeled his game on Tendulkar. And then being unable to contain their excitement anymore they would recount how both had square cut Akhtar for six over 3rd man in consecutive overs.

Then I would punch them in the stomach and deliver a knee to the groin and escape.

cnerd123

likes this
Yup I distinctly remember it being a huge thing around Viru's arrival how they both had similar stances and were of similar height and build.

Ofcourse with hindsight we know they are miles apart.

kingkallis

International Coach
Waqar Younis & Ravindra Pushpakumara ( Action wise only )
Richard Hadlee & Andrew Caddick ( Action wise only )
Brian Lara & DM Bravo ( Style wise only )