• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Innings-Based XI

Shady Slim

International Coach
so here is a fun game, you have to make two teams that compete in the one game.

team one is who you play for the first "phase", so you have them batting and bowling in the first two innings, of course this is dependent on the toss, so you don't get a different batting first XI or something to that general effect.

team two is who you play for the second phase, innings three and four, when, again depending on your toss result, either setting or chasing.

this idea is a result of younis khan's ridiculous fourth innings average by the way

i know that you all really enjoy ATG XIs, so go!

Howe_zat

Audio File
One team to set it up, one team to take it home

1st innings

Sehwag, Richards, Ponting, Kallis, Lara, Richards, Gilchrist, Marshall, Trueman, Warne, McGrath

2nd innings

Hutton, Hobbs, Bradman, Tendulkar, Sobers, S Waugh, Knott, Wasim, Hadlee, Muralitharan, Barnes

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'd go

1st Innings: Sehwag, Hutton, Lara, Tendulkar, Waugh, Sobers, Gilchrist, Marshall, Hadlee, Lillee, McGrath

2nd Innings: Gavaskar, Hobbs, Viv Richards, Sangakkara, Ponting, VVS Laxman, Imran, Wasim, Warne, Ambrose, Muralitharan

Gotta have Ambrose in there for hax spells in the 4th innings on dicey pitches.

smash84

The Tiger King
I'd go

1st Innings: Sehwag, Hutton, Lara, Tendulkar, Waugh, Sobers, Gilchrist, Marshall, Hadlee, Lillee, McGrath

2nd Innings: Gavaskar, Hobbs, Viv Richards, Sangakkara, Ponting, VVS Laxman, Imran, Wasim, Warne, Ambrose, Muralitharan

Gotta have Ambrose in there for hax spells in the 4th innings on dicey pitches.
Imran has a pretty awful last inning bowling average from what i remember

Riggins

International Captain
Cant believe people are picking Sehwag in the first innings. What about if there's a fourth innings chase!?

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I can honestly never tell when Riggins is taking the piss. I took that as him poking fun of the fact that commentators always saying Sehwag is "the danger man" in 4th innings chases because of his explosive style, despite him never actually delivering in a big chase (bar vs England at Chennai).

But I'm not sure

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I can honestly never tell when Riggins is taking the piss. I took that as him poking fun of the fact that commentators always saying Sehwag is "the danger man" in 4th innings chases because of his explosive style, despite him never actually delivering in a big chase (bar vs England at Chennai).

But I'm not sure
Might be an Australian humour delivery thing but I never struggle to tell. You were spot on with the bolded.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Might be an Australian humour delivery thing but I never struggle to tell. You were spot on with the bolded.
Humour is very nationalistic and I often miss the Australian delivery. Did catch that last joke though. Your personal humour I am tuned into however, possibly because of your english flair. All english humour tickles my fancy.