• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New feature: The Big Five - Who had Most Impact?

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
****ing hell no mention of Dravid at all? If Kallis is in there, Dravid deserves a mention right alongside the rest of them.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Joke's on you. I waited for the inevitable ***** like before removing it. Now you can't even unlike it. Easy stat-padding.

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Doesn't take into account their fielding contributions, although that may be harder. Tendulkar probably had the least fielding impact, whilst Kallis, Ponting and Sanga probably had the biggest fielding impact. Tendulkar definitely the least. With Kallis' bowling taken into account, he definitely had the most overall impact, in my opinion.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Good analysis. Pure run making parameters rate Sanga, Kallis higher, while match related parameters rate Sachin, Lara more highly :) Don't really see why Kallis' bowling impact is being taken here. Makes more sense to just focus on batting to me.

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Good analysis. Pure run making parameters rate Sanga, Kallis higher, while match related parameters rate Sachin, Lara more highly :) Don't really see why Kallis' bowling impact is being taken here. Makes more sense to just focus on batting to me.
Depends on if you're talking about batting impact or overall impact.

Howe_zat

Audio File
More importantly - graphs!

Looking forward to giving this a more thorough examination when I get home and can use the zoom properly. Graphs everybody. Much love

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
That's a mammoth effort and kudos on it.
I agree with your summation that people will take their own thoughts away from all that you did. But it was a different take on all the numbers.
The more we try to understand it all the less it makes sense. We'll all keep trying though

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
<Tendulkar fanboy enters>
<Opens the link>
<Finds Tendulkar at the top of all those lists>
<Becomes happy>
<Forgets about his miserable day at office>
<Closes the link>
<Makes this post to thank chasingthedon>
<Likes the OP>
<Tendulkar fanboy leaves>

kingkallis