• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Test cricket and the huge advantage team batting first

Wait, are you seriously suggesting that the entire concept of batting first in cricket is unfair? Like not just on certain pitches and against certain sides,but in all 2 innings cricket ever played?
Where on earth did you get that conclusion from from what I wrote? Please break it down and feel free to condescend me.

I am actually intrigued as to how you got to this point.

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
maybe one batsman from one team bats with one batsman from the other team and whichever team gets bowled out first loses? Cricket Royal Rumble FTW...

BeeGee

International Captain
Oh, and FYI, out of the 2170 test matches played the team batting first has won 731 of them and the team batting second has won 700. Not what I would call a "huge" advantage.