• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Scott Brant

The Argonaut

State Vice-Captain
Brant is just coming back from injury now. he played in the ING match last week. Queensland just seems to have a monopoly on fast bowlers. It has always been the case. This season QLD has been able to call upon Bichel, Kasprowicz, Dawes, Brant, Johnson, Mackenzie and Jurgensen. In previous years they've had Rackemann, McDermott, Maguire, Tazelaar, Rowell etc.

Brant has a good future but I wonder how much of a go he will get. Dawes is underrated IMO. He is a consistent wicket taker but never rates a mention. His action and run up are untidy but he gets results and doesn't get injured very often. Johnson is the pick of the newcomers but needs to stay on the field. An earlier comment said that Hopes is overrated and I must agree. His bowling is ordinary.

Dingo

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Dawes is a perfect example of how having good bowling conditions can exaggerate your talent...playing half your games in Brisbane used to be the best thing a fast bowler could do...

Craig

World Traveller
halsey said:
Scott Brant has a hell of a lot of potential IMO.

If he keeps up the control and the swing, he has a very good carear ahead of him.
I really should go play league cricket in Essex.

If I do any good, halsey will be saying how great I am and why I'm not playing FC cricket.

:duh: :lol: :saint: :P :D

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Craig said:
I really should go play league cricket in Essex.

If I do any good, halsey will be saying how great I am and why I'm not playing FC cricket.

:duh: :lol: :saint: :P :D
If you do well, then yes I will. :D

But, seriously, he has a very good carear ahead of him, no?

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Anyone is better than old Lino.

Defoe has talent, but not ready for it yet. At the moment, the only two I would play are Rooney and Owen.

Defoe is a geniune talent, though.