• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Great (previous) draft ideas

Bolo

State Captain
Hi, if some long-time users of the site could assist, it would be very much appreciated. I'm looking for some advice on which of the drafts that have have previously been run are of the most interest. There are a lot of previous drafts, and they have a lot of posts- to sort through this would take ages, so if any of them are regarded as stellar, compass me please.

Shot.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
As I said to someone the other day, most drafts one could think of have likely been done at some stage in the 14 years or so the forum has been operating. That said, there's enough new members that re-hashing a few old drafts & polishing them up a little, could still be of interest to many.

Off the top of my head, I've seen everything from the alphabet of the surname draft, different era draft, month of players birth draft, mixed countries draft, mixed experience draft to name a few.

If you google 'cricketweb draft', you'll probably pick up most of them.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
i like the idea of the mixed countries(mainly for how much of a lottery the 11th option is) draft though I couldn't even find it anywhere

Bolo

State Captain
You don't mean to pat yourself on the back but... ;)

The budget draft was the reason for this thread.The thread made me find out what a draft was (I was aware that it involved picking players in turn, but had never looked at one before, and had no idea they could be of any interest). It also triggered my signing up on this site, as I felt I needed to give it a thumbs up. I was planning on signing up anyway due to having a couple of questions that I wanted some expert input on. I haven't gotten around to asking either of the questions yet though, so who knows how long it would have taken me to sign up.

The problem with the internet is that tone doesn't carry, and when you make tongue in cheek references like self-praise, some idiot is always going to take them seriously, and post a serious response like this. :P

Thee only issue I have was with whether you set the bar too high. That sheep and mystery draft look like fun, but the verdict is still out. (Thanks for the responses- to google and wade through every draft would take way too long).

Cue Watson blushing.

Last edited:

Bolo

State Captain
The sheep draft is my favourite. It's one of the coolest applications of game theory I've seen.

Yes, I did nerd-up a draft discussion by using the terms "cool" and "game-theory" in the same sentence. I'll hand my lunch money to the big, ugly 12 year old on the way out.