• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ATG Associate Cricketers

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Personally, I know next to nothing about players from Associate nations, and would like to see in this thread some recognition given to their great players, and maybe some ATG XI's made purely from associate nations.

Just from my limited searching, I've found someone who stands out to me in particular, Ryan ten Doeschate of the Netherlands. Hasn't played international cricket for 4 years, but in 33 ODI's he scored 5 centuries averaging 67, and took 55 wickets at 24.12. He's also been impressive in first class cricket, which he still plays, for Essex. 7208 runs at 46.80 with 21 centuries, along with 192 wickets at 34.10. All in all, an excellent player and all rounder.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
A lot of his First Class games actually were for the Netherlands; his FC record for Essex isn't actually quite that good (he averages 39 with the bat and 35 with the ball, which is obviously still good but it's no 46/34).

No doubt he bossed the associate circuit, which is more or less what the thread was asking about, but yeah.

cnerd123

likes this
Steve Tikolo
Khurram Khan
William Porterfield
Paul Stirling
Hamid Hassan

Ed Joyce/Eoin Morgan/Boyd Rankin too if you are willing to count them.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Tendo has a good record in world cups too, average in the 60s with two tons. So he's not just got performances at Associate level.

A few years ago he qualified to play for England after having played so much for Essex. He said he'd never do that as he is South African and feels South African. It was a bit weird because he'd already played against them for the Netherlands.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Tikolo was a boss. Odoyo was a handy all rounder. Otenio and Odumbe could also bat as well. And Asif Karim had THAT spell against us at the 03 world cup. So Kenya had some good players but they're all retired... except maybe Odoyo.

I'm also partial to the O'Brien brothers for Ireland

HeathDavisSpeed

ATG XI

1. William Porterfield (Ire)
2. Kevin Arnott (Zim)
3. Brian Hardie (Sco)
4. Dave Houghton (Zim) (+)
5. Steve Tikolo (Ken)
6. Kevin Curran (Zim)
7. Ryan ten Doeschate (Ned)
8. Bart King (USA)
9. Duncan Fletcher (Zim)
10. Dermott Monteith (Ire)
11. Ole Mortensen (Den)

12th Man: Trevor Penney (Zim)

Leaving out blatant rorts like the Flowers etc.

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
ATG XI

1. William Porterfield (Ire)
2. Kevin Arnott (Zim)
3. Brian Hardie (Sco)
4. Dave Houghton (Zim) (+)
5. Steve Tikolo (Ken)
6. Kevin Curran (Zim)
7. Ryan ten Doeschate (Ned)
8. Bart King (USA)
9. Duncan Fletcher (Zim)
10. Dermott Monteith (Ire)
11. Ole Mortensen (Den)

12th Man: Trevor Penney (Zim)

Leaving out blatant rorts like the Flowers etc.
Zimbabwe is a full member, aren't they? Thanks for the draft link.

HeathDavisSpeed

Zimbabwe is a full member, aren't they? Thanks for the draft link.
They are now, but haven't been full members forever. All of the guys in that team were fixtures for Zimbabwe/Rhodesia pre-admission. Except Trevor Penney, which is why I left him on the bench.