• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in Zimbabwe and South Africa 2015

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Mods please change my username to Joylord Gumbie.
You'd fare well with this idea actually, because he's going to be kicking on to much wider prominence shortly, according to Zim forumers.

You guys l think Joylord Gumbie is better than P.J Moor, look at their stats for last season and next season could overide Regy if his form is to go by.
True, Joy is an extremely talented player. Probably a lot better than Reggie n Richy in ODIs

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Latham resenters continuing to bitch about the quality of canned goods in their neighbour's disaster kit.

"Oak! **** that. Surely we can scrounge for something better in Anaru Kitchen"

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Or for the 50th time... the player many of us believe to have better ODI credentials than Latham .. B J Watling.

But don't let that stop you continuously ignoring that as the argument, so you can instead make Anaru Kitchen your strawman.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
yeah but you now have George Worker to potentially open, so surely that's a bigger target than Latham?

Zinzan

yeah but you now have George Worker to potentially open, so surely that's a bigger target than Latham?
Nah, Latham > Worker obviously. I'm just gutted for B J Watling. Chap can't catch a break. Am I the only one to remember he was pretty much our best ODI player in Africa in 2013?

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Well he made 12 off 34 balls against Tsotsobe and Kleinveldt as a teammate made a beautiful 145, so that's a bit of a strange thing to say. Quite a useful innings on a pitch that required a lot of patience in the 1st ODI.

Last edited:

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Nah, Latham > Worker obviously. I'm just gutted for B J Watling. Chap can't catch a break. Am I the only one to remember he was pretty much our best ODI player in Africa in 2013?
yeah well in the absence of Watling I can't see what you've got to complain about with the most promising young batsman in the country getting an extended run at the top of the order.

Zinzan

yeah well in the absence of Watling I can't see what you've got to complain about with the most promising young batsman in the country getting an extended run at the top of the order.
I just enjoy hitting you with Seinfeldisms.

That's a fair enough call since Watling won't be there. You may recall I was calling for him to be given a crack as opener in the UAE (when McCullum, was rested), but they used Brownlie & Devcich once Guppy got injured.

Let's hope my reservations about his ODI game are wrong and that he performs well.

mahira10

Banned
Tailender

As far as I knows, santner (did I spell, right ) will not going to Zimbabwe plus tour 'cause he is badly injured.All rounder Worker will take his place.thanks for the teams,i could never know for awhile , if I not register with this, lovely forum.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Tailender

As far as I knows, santner (did I spell, right ) will not going to Zimbabwe plus tour 'cause he is badly injured.All rounder Worker will take his place.thanks for the teams,i could never know for awhile , if I not register with this, lovely forum.
Yes, you spelled it right.

Last edited:

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Gem from Cricinfo which I can't tell if serious or self-deprecating

it's not gonna be easy for the 2nd string kwies to face the fairly lethal pace batteries of zim, specially at their backyard..waiting for a mouth watering contest..

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Gem from Cricinfo which I can't tell if serious or self-deprecating
Oh the seams on the white Dukes they've bought are pretty pronounced. I'd be surprised if Guptill's crunching up of minnows plays out like it usually does.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
I recall in the mid 90's there was an internal tour by a Maori side. I think it featured Aaron Prior & Peter McGlashan.
There was also a Pacifika Cup around the turn of the century, with Jesse, McFashion and other handy cricketers.

I'm all for the efforts to maintain our native language. We don't need to turn into Australia.